Program Manager, Ignite
Program Manager, Ignite
Job Number: 89023
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management degree programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Stanford Executive Education, in the Graduate School of Business, is seeking a qualified individual for a 6-month fixed-term position of Program Manager (PM) to support the Stanford Ignite programs. Stanford Ignite is Stanford GSB's flagship program in innovation and entrepreneurship. This certificate-bearing program teaches participants how to formulate, develop, and commercialize their ideas. This position will support all areas of the program in a variety of administrative and operational tasks, while also providing general support for the Ignite team. Work hours for this role will vary - some early mornings, late evenings, and possible weekends will be required during program.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Support the planning and execution of the Stanford Ignite - Full-Time, Stanford Ignite - Part-Time, and Stanford Ignite - Post-9/11 Veterans programs. This includes various administrative and logistical duties.
- Collaborate with Program Leads and professors, arrange a variety of social functions, engage with program participants, and manage online learning management systems.
- Represent the program as the key contact and a subject matter expert. May also represent the program to external/internal partners and constituencies.
- Work with the Stanford Ignite staff to help ensure that the stakeholders associated with the program (participants, faculty, vendors, donors, etc.) are satisfied with the program.
- Track expenses associated with the tasks they oversee for reporting and projection purposes.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Experience in event planning and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and vendors
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines; self-starter
- Passion for details; exceptional organizational skills and follow-through
- Sound judgement in assessing problems and making on-the-spot decisions
- Maturity and diplomacy, with collaborative approach to teamwork
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and creative mindset
- Proficiency in G Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drives, Hangouts, Drive, Docs, and Sheets) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 89023
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency