Human Resources Manager (US - Flexible Work Location)
Human Resources Manager (US - Flexible Work Location)
Job Number: 89038
At Stanford University School of Medicine, the work we do touches lives today and tomorrow. Through education, research, and health care, the School of Medicine improves health through leadership, diversity, collaborative discoveries, and innovation in health care. Whether working in departments with faculty, or in units that support the school, our staff are a part of teams that propel us on our journey toward the future of medicine and Precision Health.
Join the Stanford School of Medicine Human Resources team in leading and changing medicine as we know it today. Reporting to the Directing Business Partner of Human Resources Services, this position will manage human resources services for the School of Medicine Dean's Office departments. This includes managing, assisting and training Dean's office unit faculty, management and administrative staff with University human resources procedures and policy as they pertain to staff recruitment, hiring policies, job classification, salary recommendation, performance management, leaves of absence, disciplinary action, employee relations, layoffs, terminations, and other HR-related functions, as needed. The Human Resources Manager also has audit responsibility for training and HR records compliance.
- Collaborate with the organization's management and/or human resources team to support initiatives by understanding the organization's issues and needs. Participate in planning processes and promote best practices.
- Assist in the implementation of strategies for facilitating organizational and behavioral change. Participate on organizational design and related development issues.
- Investigate basic employee relations issues and recommend appropriate resolution; work in consultation with more senior level human resources manager/director to resolve complex issues. Coach and advise on organizational, employee, and labor relations issues.
- Assist in overseeing the performance appraisal process; ensure the appropriate process is followed.
- Assist hiring managers in talent management (recruitment and staffing plans).
- Administer area's salary-setting program to meet the organization and university's guidelines. Advise managers on assignment of employees to appropriate classification levels; review and approve salary actions, as needed. Consult with Compensation Director and/or direct supervisor or university compensation on complex issues.
- Identify, communicate, and consult with staff on training and career development opportunities. Conduct relevant training, and participate in training design, as needed.
- Oversee processes for workers' compensation, disability, leave, work place accommodation requests, and health and safety issues; consult with managers, senior human resources manager or director, as needed.
- Oversee the accurate documentation and recordkeeping.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in at least two human resources areas, including: employee relations, employment and labor law, compensation, staffing and employment, training and development, performance coaching and management, and organizational development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and understanding of group dynamics. Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse client group.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, judgment, and influencing skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports and deliver formal presentations or training.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite and human resource information systems.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a computer; use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, write by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 1732
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: D
- Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89038
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency