Mail Services Assistant (Part- time)
Mail Services Assistant (Part- time)Position Number:
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of clerical work necessary to operate the University Mail Services.
Hours of 10:00 am to 2:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
This is a part-time, benefits-eligible position.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Primary duty is to provide prompt and courteous customer service to
our window customers in a polite, professional and friendly manner.
2. Meet and greet post office customers at the service window, answer questions requiring knowledge of USPS regulations and procedures.
3. Plans and organizes daily duties and responsibilities. Engages in the
receipt, sorting, and distribution of mail packages and related items.
Ensures completion of tasks and projects in an efficient and timely manner.
4. Ensures the safety and security of the mail, additionally, ensure all mail is completed for the afternoon collection.
5. Assists customers with mail preparation, inquiries, custom forms and other special services in accordance with USPS guidelines and mailing classifications. Notify departments through email daily on completion of mail delivery.
6. Processes all classes of mail as required by the USPS and bulk mailings.
7. Visually scan mail upon arrival for any hazardous, leaking or damaged mail item and/or, indications of potential mail bombs, powdery residue and/or any leaking substance(s).
8. Ensure all incoming packages are scanned in and delivered using the proper scan coding by person, and/or department with notifications sent.
9. Ensures all mail forwarding, missent mail and UTF mail is completed daily in accordance with USPS regulations.
10. Maintains cash drawer accountability daily.
11. Prepares daily balancing of CashNet sales and assist with deposits.
12. Prepares postal forms as required, custom forms, Priority Express mail,
13. Assist with maintaining database of assigned mailboxes and reports
produced from Cognos and verification with Banner. Assist database manager with issuing of mailboxes and proper closings as needed.
14. Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of USPS supplies,
inventory of resale items and inventory of internal office supplies.
15. Interacts in a prompt polite, professional and respectful service
oriented manner with students, faculty, staff and the general community.
16. Attends training, seminars and meetings as required.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of secretarial, clerical, and general office procedures and
Knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
Knowledge of academic and other higher education technology and
Knowledge of word processing and mail merge, database, and
Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
Ability to organize and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner;
Ability to perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail; ability
to operate a variety of office equipment;
Use of standard office equipment to include computer, 10-key, fax, copier
Possession of a high school diploma or GED certificate. One year of cashiering experience preferred or clerical experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Prefer knowledge of USPS regulations and procedures and skilled in the operation of postal equipment.Physical Requirements:
Requires prolonged periods of standing, occasional walking, and intermittent bending and sitting; medium level manual dexterity; occasional lifting up to 70 lbs. Works in a pleasant, well-lighted, temperature-controlled environment.EEO Statement:
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
03/26/2021Open Until Filled: