Learning and Development Coordinator
Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40 hoursMonths per year:
009302NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
University Program Specialist - ContributingWorking Title:
Learning and Development CoordinatorSalary Range:
$31,888 - $43,647Anticipate Hiring Range:
$31,888 - $41,254FLSA Status:
Facilities Management (Adm)Work Unit:
Facilities Management AVCWork Schedule:
8:00 am -5:00 pm; Monday – FridayPrimary Purpose of Position:
The learning and development coordinator will provide coordination for all training and instruction conducted internally and externally for all Facilities Management (FM) staff, specifically in the areas of safety, compliance, technical, and trade skills training. The position will also be responsible for managing and maintaining employee training data for each FM employee.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from a four year college or university and one year of program associate experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Essential Job Duties:
1. Collaborate with the FM Learning and Development Manager to assess needs, design, develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of training, and coordinate a variety of FM training programs in the areas of leadership, FM Human Resources, and FM Business Office processes.
2. Assist in full cycle staff learning and development initiatives which include identifying, sourcing, presenting, implementing, and tracking training; provide feedback to the FM Learning Development Manager.
3. Assess needs to design, develop, implement, and evaluate and/or coordinate the overall effectiveness of FM professional development training on soft skills and administrative skills.
4. Serve as program coordinator to schedule and track FM safety and compliance training.
5. Serve as the liaison, and collaborate with UNCC Environmental Health and Safety for monthly and annual training initiatives.
6. Serve as the contact for FM incident reporting to maintain, track, and ensure completed processes.
7. Coordinate and track safety recognition and engagement initiatives.
8. Serve as an FM staff learning and development coordinator to address questions and concerns.
9. Serve as co-administrator for learning management systems to include Percipio, Canvas, and Cornerstone.
10. Coordinate conferences and large training or engagement events as needed.
11. Track and maintain statistical data, and utilize information as a tool to identify and address developmental needs.
12. Create and maintain training-related reports, job aids, and presentations.
14. Track and monitor FM employee training records.
15. Maintain effective and accurate training schedules.
1. Assist with FM employee engagement initiatives.
2. Create, distribute, and monitor online surveys and assessments for FM units.
3. Design and create spreadsheets, databases, emails, and other tools for department-wide communication campaigns.
4. Build and maintain an ongoing network of external partners in the areas of training, organizational development, and staff learning and development to gain expertise to support the development of learning solutions.
5. Gather customer requirements for training initiatives that encourage organizational development, employee engagement, world-class customer service, diversity and inclusion awareness, and continual growth.
6. Perform other job duties as assigned and/or delegated to support all operations.
1. Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in training coordination and instructional design or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
2. Two years’ experience in project coordination.
3. Experience in assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs.
4. Knowledge and/or experience of professional trades and/or skilled trades to assist in the development of full cycle staff training programs.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
6. Proficient in Google Suite.
7. Experience collaborating with multiple work areas to build successful training programs.
8. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
9. Proven strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
10. Experience maintaining training records and reports with high accuracy.
11. Experience generating, creating and maintaining training-related schedules.
12. Experience creating training-related job aids and presentations.
13. Excellent planning and organizational skills.
14. Strong ability to present in front of an audience or large group.
15. Experience as a site administrator or instructional designer in online learning management systems, preferably Percipio, Canvas, and Cornerstone.
16. Proven excellent customer service skills during front facing, offsite, and virtual interactions.
17. Ability to effectively work and interact with diverse populations.
18. Ability to foster and create an atmosphere of teamwork and employee engagement.
19. Selected candidates must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Valid driver’s licenseWork Location:
FM - FMHR Learning and DevelopmentPosting date:
04/18/2021Proposed Hire Date:
05/31/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents are used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from consideration, but it may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.