Instructional Classroom Support Technician 3 - Computer Science & Electrical Engineering
Instructional Classroom Support Technician 3 - Computer Science & Electrical EngineeringPosting Number:
Inst Classroom Sup Tech 3Classification Code:
255ORCW Exemption Criteria:
No ExemptionEWU Position Number:
Non-ExemptBargaining Unit :
BU 1% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
CS - 47Salary Information:
The salary range for this position is the following:
$45,300 – $52,476 – $59,460
(entry level – mid-point – top level)
Where the hired candidate starts within the range is dependent on experience and qualifications. The position is budgeted up to $52,476.Anticipated Start Date:
Position is available nowTerm of Appointment:
12 months per yearLocation:
Spokane Catalyst BuildingCounty:
Yes - BothResponsible HR User:
Vara Lyn ConrathResponsible HR User Email address:
Instructional Classroom Support Technician 3 (ICST3) – Computer Science & Electrical Engineering
The College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics seeks an experienced Instructional Classroom Support Technician 3 to provide support to our Department of Computer Science & Electrical Engineering. This new position is available now.
Instructional Classroom Support Technicians provide instructional support activities in a basic or applied science teaching program.
Under general supervision this position coordinates support services for a variety of courses; provides professional/technical support requiring knowledge of electronics and/or engineering. The person hired for this position must have demonstrated experience and/or ability to perform the following essential functions:
- Configure/troubleshoot/repair electrical/electronic hardware and digital systems, experience with configuring 3 phase/single phase lab equipment;
- Work closely with faculty to setup lab experiments;
- Interface equipment with desktop computers;
- Maintain and repair lab desktop machines;
- Configure/repair electrical/electronic simulation software;
- Regularly organize lab setup;
- Maintain and update equipment inventory;
- Perform a quarterly checkup on all labs;
- Order new equipment and parts;
- Support students and faculty with Capstone projects, including cloud-based system management, 3D printing, etc.;
- Provide support for teaching/extracurricular activities/research/operation;
- Work well independently in an unsupervised setting.
Exemplary candidates will be capable of navigating a dynamic environment utilizing organization and efficiency. Individual hired for the position will be responsible for independently planning, organizing, and prioritizing work of the position to meet internal and external deadlines. Position will be responsible for initiating action to ensure individual and department tasks and goals are met.
Please carefully review the Special Instructions to Applicants provided below. Screening of applications will begin March 15th. Position will remain open for application until notice is provided on this website. All applications will be with strict confidence, and references will not be contacted until candidates are notified.About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement:
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
The Department of Computer Science & Electrical Engineering is located in the new Catalyst Building located between downtown Spokane and the University District. Occasional visits to Eastern’s Cheney campus may be needed, requiring use of a personal vehicle. As a result, the candidate hired for this position must offer a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Note: Interviews will be conducted via Zoom (camera must be enabled). We anticipate all offices being open to serve students in-person July 1, 2021.
Essential Functions Analysis (EFA) describes the physical and mental demands associated with our positions. You may access this document at the link provided below:
EFA for Instructional Classroom Support Technician 3
NoHearing Test :
NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
NoProtective Equipment :
Eye, face, and hand protections;
University, local, regional and state mandates for public and personal protection should be followed as needed.Required Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing hardware
- Demonstrated ability and interest to learn new skills, and adapt to new fields and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is sensitive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of the students, faculty, administrators and external contacts
PLEASE NOTE: You will be asked to attach a document as part of the application process, wherein you provide an itemization/description to identify which of the preferred qualifications you meet. Attach this document to the link labeled Other Document #1.
A. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
B. 3 years of experience in the following technologies:
- Supporting Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Supporting desktop/workstation hardware and peripherals
- Configuring 3 phase/single phase lab equipment
- Configuring and supporting compilers and debuggers, Integrated Development Environments, code editors, visual database design tools, and open source software tools
- Configuring and troubleshooting embedded devices, microcontrollers, FPGAs
- Experience with enterprise server, storage, and Cisco network hardware
- Experience with Java, C/C++, Python, .NET, C#, SQL, or Web programming
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience configuring and supporting MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle DBMS systems
C. Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewalls, security
D. Experience with any of the following:
- R statistical and graphics computing
- Container virtualization technologies such as Docker
- VMWare ESXi hypervisors, Virtual Machines, virtual networking
- Nvidia CUDA GPGPU, OpenGL, OpenCL, Tcl/Tk, Haptics,
- Kali Linux, Metasploit penetration testing tools, vulnerability assessment
- AWS or Azure cloud platforms
Monday through Friday 8am-5pmPosting Date:
03/04/2021Open Until Further Notice:
YesScreening to Begin:
03/18/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this opportunity you must submit your application materials through our online applicant portal located at http://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381. All materials will be held in strictest confidence.
Application materials must include:
- Cover letter, which explains how you meet the required qualifications of the position.
- Resume to include work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position.
- Preferred Qualifications Inventory: this position has identified multiple preferred qualifications. Please attach a bulleted itemization/description to identify which of the preferred qualifications you meet. Attach this document to the link labeled Other Document #1.
- List of at least 3 professional references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
- Diversity Response: Additionally, as an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. For your Diversity Response, please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Profile% of Time:
70Responsibility / Duty:
Faculty/Instructional Classroom Support
- Coordinates functions related to instructional support with the university;
- Assist faculty in the setup of experiments, preparation of equipment, software, kits, samples, breadboarding, soldering, and other tasks as needed;
- Provided instructions and configurations for discipline specific hardware and software;
- Provided support for custom faculty applications and services;
- Provide support for senior capstone courses including 3D printing, managing on-premise and cloud solutions and others;
- Provide support for IEEE and ACM student activities;
- Provide faculty support as needed;
- Configure/troubleshoot/repair electrical/electronic hardware and digital systems.
Yes% of Time:
30Responsibility / Duty:
- Purchase, maintain inventory, and surplus of discipline specific parts, equipment, materials, and consumables. Note that purchasing may include obtaining costs, proposing various options, evaluating possibilities, and working with faculty/staff to determine the best solution;
- Maintain lab and facilities documentation for classroom technical support of faculty, students, and degree accreditation cycles;
- Coordinate warranty support and repair of equipment under department contract;
- Manage subscription services and software licenses for all department contracts and vendors including contacting and facilitating vendor support, coordination with department administration for procurement and renewals, and coordination with university IT for deployments.