Senior Organizational Development Consultant/Organizational Development Consultant
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-02
The University of Virginia Human Resources (UVA HR) organization is seeking a Senior Organizational Development Consultant or Organizational Development Consultant. The Consultant will engage employees with exciting opportunities for collaboration and community, and make a clear connection to the University’s 2030 Strategic Plan (strategicplan.virginia.edu) and the Racial Equity Task Force report’s initiative for pathways for staff success (https://racialequity.virginia.edu/sites/g/files/jsddwu356/files/2020-08/RETFFinalSigned.pdf) through their work.
This Senior Consultant/Consultant position requires a strategic, adept practitioner with prior experience developing and implementing OD strategy with successful, measurable outcomes. The Consultant plays a key role in our long-term success in delivering a world-class employee experience. This role works with a team of OD Consultants whose work includes focus on culture and engagement efforts, and has responsibility for a variety of other work related to Talent Management and professional development. Success and impact will be measured via the execution of programs and consultation with top-level leaders on actions that drive cultural change, employee experience, and engagement.
Today, UVA is a diverse global community of nearly 54,000 students, faculty, and staff. University students represent virtually every state in the nation, and 111 countries, and nearly a quarter-million alumni around the world actively support UVA's mission to serve the greater good.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked University of Virginia Medical Center as the No. 1 hospital in Virginia for the fourth consecutive year. UVA Health (uvahealth.com) includes a renowned academic medical center committed to providing outstanding patient care, educating tomorrow's health care leaders, and discovering new and better ways to treat disease. Find out more about the many benefits of working at UVA (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-uva), and living in Charlottesville (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-charlottesville).
- Acts as subject matter expert on culture and employee engagement. Works with business units on culture strategy and initiatives to operationalize it.
- Coaches leaders, consults with teams, and leads solution development in collaboration with HR Business Partners to enhance employee satisfaction, employee engagement and the culture.
- Designs and facilitates interventions for complex issues.
- Applies organizational development skillset to develop solutions and lead initiatives that support culture and values alignment, workplace improvement, and team effectiveness.
- Acts as champion for University initiatives related to collaboration and values.
- Conducts statistical analysis and uses data visualization techniques to provide data-based insights and recommendations.
- Assumes operational responsibility for administration, communication and consulting related to the UVA Health employee engagement survey. Reviews post-survey results and analyzes overall survey results for themes and areas for improvement; prepares for presentations to senior leadership.
- Facilitates monitoring of action plans for quality, completion and follow through. Develops and maintains a catalogue of best practices for improving employee engagement and the culture.
- Participates in projects related to talent management, leadership development and learning. Applies advanced knowledge and organizational development experience to realignment and modernization efforts that improve culture alignment, employee engagement, competence, capability, and overall performance.
- Minimum education and experience: At least seven years of relevant (professional) HR experience. Preferred experience: Bachelor's degree with at least five years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree with at least four years of relevant experience..
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workload for self to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Proven record of delivering initiatives from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative work environment; and
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer focus
- Values differences
- Drives engagement
- Organizational savvy
- A high level of emotional intelligence
- Workday, Salesforce, Zoom proficiency.
- Experience partnering independently with senior leadership and their teams to improve their overall effectiveness.
- Experience with administering and debriefing assessment instruments including but not limited to DiSC, MBTI, Strength Finders and Korn Ferry 360.
- Strong ability to lead group facilitation experiences with small and large diverse audiences.
The hiring level for this position will be determined based on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will pass a background check. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘R0023307.’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for Requisition R0023307, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the "Resume" box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. Preference will be given to applications received by April 23, 2021. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at email@example.com.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.