Medical Office Coordinator
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-02
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging is seeking a Medical Office Coordinator to support clinical revenue and teleradiology operations as well as NHUVA community operations. The incumbent in this position will be a vital member of the clinical revenue and teleradiology teams that support the operational effectiveness of the department’s nine+ clinical divisions.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Monitor PACS worklists and incoming Teleradiology faxes to ensure all cases have been processed in a timely manner.
- When performing EPIC registrations, validate the following is correct: patient name, DOB, gender, and address.
- EPIC orders should be placed to the appropriate sending site to ensure that billing occurs and the correct patient results are sent.
- Update patient MRN and accession number in PACS to reflect orderable information.
- Monitor EPIC Tech Worklist daily that will ensure reports have been final signed and completed in a timely manner.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Obtain schedules from the Cancer Center at Gainesville, Lake Manassas and create a spreadsheet for Radiologists. Once the documentation and imaging have been validated, notify the Nuclear Medicine Radiologists by email.
- Upon arrival of a PET scan to UVA, confirm that all images and documentation have been received.
- Upon arrival of the community mammogram scan(s) to UVA, confirm that images and documentation have been received.
- Once the documentation and imaging have been validated, notify the Mammogram Radiologists that imaging is ready for review.
- Provide back-up support to help manage current volumes and to reduce backlogs.
Community Registrations and Charge Encounter Reviews:
- Resolve EPIC registration edits in the work queue by resolving all EPIC registration rule edits as listed in the Edit detail box and ensure that all data elements are complete and accurate. Extract patient demographics data from external EMR systems and input into the UVA EPIC system.
- Validate insurance, eligibility, and resolve E-verify rejections in the same day unless there are issues with patients insurance.
- Review and resolve edits within Epic related to appropriate use criteria, balance billing, insurance validation with carrier, missing pre-authorizations, and denial management trending.
- Improve report-turn-around times (RTAT) in managing registrations, validations, and denials.
- Provide backup support to help manage current volumes and reduce backlog.
- Work on a variety of special Departmental projects, such as going projects related to the financial functionality and workflows.
- Review the ever-changing CMS claim submission local carrier requirements by providing trend analyses.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Two years of administrative experience
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Priority review of applications will begin on April 12, 2021 but the position will remain open until filled.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: please apply through Workday at the following URL, https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs , and search for requisition # R0022811. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for requisition # R0022811. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.