Clinical Research Trainee or Non-Licensed Clinical Research Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-02
The Department of Surgery at the University of Virginia is seeking a Clinical Research Trainee or Non-Licensed Clinical Research Coordinator to conduct a variety of clinical trial activities. Duties will include working with research participants, processing laboratory specimens, document preparation, record keeping, materials preparation, and reviewing of prospective research participants.
The incumbent will assist with clinical trial related activities, recruit, screen and consent potential study participants, schedule study visits, prepare and maintain study documentation, collect data at all study visits, compile adverse event data, and manage all data collected.
Individuals seeking this position must have strong organization skills, have the ability to problem solve, work well in a team environment, have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong assessment skills and demonstrate an ability to learn new information quickly.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Recruit, screen, and enroll study participants who meet research criteria. Collect basic information through scripted interviews and answer general questions.
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and maintain telephone and in-person contact. Notify Principal Investigator and supervisor of subject status.
- Collect subject data, enter and analyze data, and compile reports, adhering to proper research protocols. Prepare documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials. Keep appropriate logs, track participants, and prepare study materials.
- Process, prepare and ship laboratory specimens.
- Submit study protocols and amendments, consent forms, and recruiting materials to the Institutional Review Board and department for approval with oversight from supervisor.
- Obtain medical histories and conduct medical assessments of clinical trial subjects, including symptom management with appropriate referral. Create treatment plans and serve as an information resource for trial subjects.
- Perform physical exams, including assessing vital signs and administering prescribed medications.
- Conduct adverse event assessment and provide recommendations to Principal Investigator or physicians.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Priority review of applications will begin on April 12, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.
Clinical Research Trainee, Non-Licensed Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: None required. Preferred candidate will have had some exposure to clinical research. Preferred candidate should have at least 1 year of work experience.
Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: At least one year of clinical research experience.
Licensure: Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA). Certification is required within one year of eligibility.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: please apply through Workday at the following URL, https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs , and search for requisition # R0020598. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for requisition # R0020598. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at email@example.com.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Rachel Simon, Clinical Research Manager, at RMG5R@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.