Administrative Svcs Assist, Sr
Job Title: Administrative Svcs Assist, Sr
Location: Army ROTC
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605285
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a current resume and cover letter highlighting qualifications for the position.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
This position will support the Army ROTC program at NAU, will serve as liaison between the US Army and NAU, and will support the coordination of the Army ROTC program offered to NAU and Coconino Community College students through the Department of Military Science.
The following tasks represent the primary duties of this position:
- Provide administrative support to Professor of Military Science and other cadre members, as necessary.Functions as Building Manager for the Army portion of Building 47A.Functions as receptionist for department: answers main phone line and directs calls to appropriate personnel.Distributes mail to appropriate Army personnel.Greets prospective students, parents, Army VIP's, and other guests/visitors.Manages the departmental information found in the NAU online directory. Monitors, analyzes, and administers the university budget for Army ROTC.Orders supplies for office.Purchases Parking Passes for visitor use.Processes payments using Purchasing Card.Serves as the liaison between the department and the HR and Finance Service Teams.Drafts correspondence on own and/or proofreads written materials of others.Provides front line information, support, and problem solving to assist prospective cadets in understanding the Army ROTC opportunity at NAU.Oversees the NAU hiring process for all Army ROTC personnel as NAU part-time privileged employees including: initiating ServiceNow tickets for job posting, hires, and ePAR requests, arranging telephone and IT services, coordinating with the University Union, Parking Services, Recreation Services and Human Resources so that cadre are able to acquire ID cards, parking permits, recreation passes and tuition waivers.Orients Army ROTC cadre to university environment. Educate cadre on NAU policies, procedures, organizational structures, and training requirements.Works with university staff, students, and others to promote a clear understanding of the Army ROTC program's enrollment standards, expectations, and resources.Interprets and explains Army ROTC and university policies and procedures.Maintains schedule of classes for all Military Science courses.Functions as liaison with Army ROTC, HRA and Student Accounts to ensure that scholarship cadet accounts are deferred and paid.Assists cadets with inquiries regarding the scholarship disbursement process at NAU.Coordinates NAU related Army ROTC events, including Awards Ceremonies, Commissioning Ceremonies, and other special events.
- Requires a high school degree, and
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, or
- A combination of related education, experience, and training.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships.
- Proficient in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation, and basic math.
- Records maintenance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Operates a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers.
- Solves problems.
- Organizational capabilities
- Communicates effectively.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Gathers data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
The budgeted salary amount is $36,018 - $38,957.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
April 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.