Human ResourcesDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Division ofHuman Resources Recruitment and Outreach team is seeking a committed colleaguewho will quickly become a vital resource and trusted problem solver. This is anexcellent opportunity for a collaborative individual to develop and administerthe out-of-state and international employment program as well as ensurecompliance with laws, policies, and institutional practices. The ideal candidateenjoys challenges, champions compliance, is skilled in cultivating relationshipsand navigating complex organizational structures and processes.
This is a new positionand is reflective of the changing dynamics of the workforce related to remotework and technological capabilities. This position will work closely with a newCompliance Analyst professional and will report to the recruitment director.For more information about the Compliance Analyst position(Req4800), click here.
Our team values exceptional quality, integrity, and responsiveness. We striveto make critical decisions, exercise good judgment, and maintain good clientrelations. We are creative professionals in a flexible and supportive workenvironment that fosters team engagement, innovative thinking, and lifelonglearning.
Our Top Performers
- Love to solve problems and learn new things
- Enjoy helping others and collaborating on projects
- Are resourceful and aren’t afraid to ask questions
- Care about quality and strive for excellence
- Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
TheUniversity of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit talent.arizona.edu
- Researches, develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures to ensure the institution's awareness of and impact on federal, state, and municipal legislation. Partners with out-of-state and international work group to verify and translate UA policies, procedures and relevant legal requirements.
- Analyzes each individual employee's compensation, benefits, visa, work hours, and equipment allowance to determine how they will be impacted by arrangement. Documents and advises supervisors of their compliance responsibilities both in writing and during meetings to ensure adherence and understanding.
- Serves as the lead representative on out-of-state and international employment program. Manages ongoing operations of program to include website, intake form, unit request forms, automated communications, state mandated employee letters, registrations with each state's unemployment office, and operating procedures.
- Collects and synthesizes data to develop and generate on-demand and quarterly metrics.
- Recommends and implements new guidelines and informs HR leadership and campus community on program trends.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA)
- Skilled in developing written communications with an emphasis on business email correspondence and group communications
- Skilled in conducting research and analysis
- Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to create and present legal and compliance information to all types of audiences including supervisors and managers
- Ability to consult on complex and non-routine issues
- Ability to build collaborative interpersonal relationships
- Ability to lead and conduct meetings
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience or training. Related experience may include, but not limited to, policy interpretation and translation, research, analysis, and advising on employment laws, compliance, and/or risk assessment.
- Experience in a higher education or legal setting
- Experience in a compliance or human resources setting
- Experience in program administration
- Experience working in an organization with a remote work program
- Compliance or Human Resources certification
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experience in a supervisory role
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Legal ComplianceBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$59,828+ Annually (DOE)Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
10Career Stream and Level:
Compl & Regulatory AffairsJob Function:
Legal & ComplianceType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.