Health Promotion SciencesDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position will oversee, conduct, and coordinate the Arizona Prevention Research Center (AzPRC) Core Research Project ( Unidos) funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For this community based participatory research project, the individual coordinates the internal UArizona research team while also facilitating communication and collaboration across four community health centers and four county health departments that are partnering on these projects. They are also responsible for overseeing the quantitative and qualitative data collection with our community partners. Facilitates communication with faculty across the University related to research objectives. Participates in research design, implementation, data analysis and completing project reports for the CDC. Finally, they will author and present papers and manuscripts for publication.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, design, and conduct complex research projects in line with the AzPRC Research Agenda. Formulate research methods and develop research criteria. Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative research data. Complete continuation reports or overview reports for the CDC. Oversee day-to-day operations of projects. (40%)
- Work with a variety of stakeholder inside the university and among community partners to influence others within and outside of the University regarding policies, standards and processes. Communicate with community partner management, leadership, and key stakeholders. (20%)
- Author and present results at meetings and conferences. (10%)
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the research project by coordinating with CDC, IRB, and UArizona HIPAA compliance officials as required by research program. (15%)
- Participate in activities related to the AzPRC Core Areas of evaluation, translation, planning, training. Contribute to collabortive efforts to promote internal and external discourse about race, justice, structural violence, and its impact on the health of our communities. (15%)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree (Public Health or related field) or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$60,000 - $65,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Researchers & ScientistsJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Maia Ingram, Co-Director, Prevention Research Center |[email protected]Open Date:
4/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.