Title: Coordinator, Purchasing
Job no: 492728
Job Summary: This position is the main point of contact for all Request for proposals, Requests for Bids, and Competitive quotations. Responsible for Supplier selections and price negotiations. Manages the bid log to the Board of Trustees required schedule. Assist in Board of Trustees Resolution preparation. Makes recommendations for supplier products and pricing to be added to Purchase e-procurement system.
This position will be remote through December 2021. This is subject to change
Associate's Degree and 5 years experience or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $41,365-$51,706
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with Banner
Job Specific Task List:
- Manage Penn Bid public quotation process. This is a requirement from the Pennsylvania Procurement code. This role includes working with HACC end user to understand requirement and create RFP/RFB documentation that will be publicly quoted. Coordinate and respond to all questions submitted during the bid process. Through the Penn Bid portal make all questions and answers available to all bid participants. Act as facilitator to quotation evaluation committees. Create resolution documentation for Board of Trustee review. - (Essential)
- Identify the proper College supply base and negotiate best in class pricing. - (Essential)
- Meet with suppliers to establish and maintain great relationships. - (Essential)
- Analyze procurement data for opportunities. Make recommendations and suggestions as appropriate. - (Essential)
- Review spend data for Fuel cards, P-cards, utilities and other purchase categories to identify trends and opportunities. - (Essential)
- Manage all IT related purchases. This includes setting up purchase orders and schedules with lease dates and expirations. Input, track and assure appropriate accounting strings and charges flow to the appropriate end user. Work with IT on all additions, subtractions and purchases. Analyze all Supplier expenses including PC leases, printers and HACC Apple store purchases for internal HACC demand. - (Essential)
- Assure maintenance related requirements like elevator inspections, fire inspections occur and on schedule - (Essential)
- Manage all construction related expenses. - (Essential)
- Perform audit of Procurement activity monthly to assure compliance - (Essential)
- Lead College wide payments compliance and report monthly. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:ExcellenceWe set high goals and achieve them.We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.We provide exceptional service to all.InnovationWe challenge the status quo.We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Apr 02, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 19, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time