Audiovisual/Telecommunications SpecialistPosting Number:
External - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment Type:
Full-TimeBenefits Available :
YesNature of Work:
The Audio/Visual/Telecommunications Specialist (AVT Specialist) works in the Technology Services department to provide technology assistance to all CCGA faculty, staff, and special event planners. The person in this position manages A/V equipment setup and function for events on both campuses where needed, as well as trains and supervises student workers for events. The AVT Specialist will also manage campus Voice Over IP (VOIP) move/add/changes including telephone setup, dial plan / voice mail administration and video conferencing between multiple campus sites. This position also performs video recording and editing for the college’s website and occasionally for special events. This position is based at the Brunswick campus, but may be required to travel to Camden on occasion.Essential Duties :
- Provide assistance to faculty in the classroom, set up maintain educational technology and support technology projects.
- Manage scheduled maintenance on all educational technology equipment and ensure it is in good working order.
- Oversee VOIP and Video Conferencing technologies.
- Escalate matters to the appropriate Information Technology team member.
- Provide direct customer service and support to all technology users.
- Monitor classroom technology for status and maintenance needs.
- Assist with the movement of technical equipment throughout campus.
- Maintain and organize classroom equipment supplies: projector lamps, cables, connectors, etc.
- Assist with AV equipment inventory records and storage.
- Record and edit video as needed.
- Train, schedule and manage student workers for events or special programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education and 3 to 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience or demonstrated competence in utilizing audio visual equipment is necessary as well as knowledge and demonstrated competence with Voice Over IP telecommunication systems.
- Extensive experience with educational and online technology is essential.
- Must be able to physically lift media equipment such as portable televisions, video conferencing equipment, computers, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, supervisory, organizational, and presentation skills are expected.
- The ability to lift and carry files and materials from one office to another on campus. Must have adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Ability to lift 30 pounds and to work on a ladder
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Extron/Crestron technology a plus.
- Experience filming and/or streaming live video broadcasts a plus
M-F 8am to 5pm and/or other hours as neededSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information:
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
04/02/2021Open Until Filled: