Job no: 498460
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
$20,007Hours Per Week:
The Aquatic Intern position is designed to assist the Associate Director in the administration of the Aquatic Center for the health and well being of patrons and staff is upheld to the highest standard. The Intern provides functional and administrative support for aquatic special events, and will assist with the Makos Swim Program.
• Required to perform duties with limited supervision and will be responsible for making significant independent decisions
• Direct and manage swim, dive, water polo and synchronized swimming events
• Direct the Event Technician staff (5-7 students), including training, supervision, hiring, recruitment, discipline, and scheduling
• Assist the Makos head coach with administrative and coaching activities including but not limited scheduled practices, swim meets, and extra activities.
• Prepare and present all aquatic event SOP's, all event evaluations, and all event financial summaries
• Distribute and collect evaluations to all meet hosts and summarize the results
• Assist with event requests, facility reservations, and daily rentals in computer scheduling software.
• Direct and/or compile reports and proposals related to programs and special events.
• Provide supervision of the Recreational Sports Center and equipment safety checks to ensure the safety and well-being of patrons
• Assist Associate Director with the development, recommendation, and management of aquatic budget
• Responsible for the management and operation of aquatic center scoreboard/video board, to include creating graphics, managing rotation of advertisers, managing slide shows, and appropriate maintenance
• Attend regional and national conferences/meetings
• Assist with the meet bidding process at United States Aquatic Sports, Inc.
• Assist with department special events as requested
• Assists with the direct and functional supervision of 65-75 lifeguard staff, equivalent of 5-6 full time employees
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports administration, recreation or related field or experience in a large multi-use aquatic facility supervising programs and special events
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid, CPR/PR certifications/or completed within 3 months of hire
Experience in staging special events
American Red Cross CPR/FA/LG instructor certifications, or WSIT, LGIT certifications.
Computer experience to include Excel, Word, Colorado Timing Systems, and, Max Galaxy Max Solutions or similar scheduling software.
Experience in digital, print and social marketing; sponsorship; graphic design
Previous Age Group Swim coaching experience
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 02 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time