Technical Director Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 22913547 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $55,000 - $108,500 Position Information Plans and coordinates technical aspects of theatrical productions and film/television projects for the Department of Theatre, Film, and Digital Production; coordinates activities associated with scenery, properties, scenic elements, lights, sound, video, costumes, hair/makeup, film; ensures the timely arrival of scenery and related equipment; directly supervises and assigns technical personnel to various phases of production; reviews and evaluates students' and employees' work for grading or advancement; establishes lab training procedures to ensure development and safety of students and staff; coordinates front of house activities including selection and training of House Manager and Ushers, and acts as liaison with the Box Office manager during performances. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required Master's of Fine Arts degree in related area Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement Previous experience working in a higher education setting Preferred Previous supervisory/managerial experience. Preferred 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Strong knowledge/skills in all aspects of financial and personnel administration.
Strong problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills.
Mastery level knowledge in multiple technical theater production areas such as lighting, sound, video, costumes, hair/make-up, properties, scenery, scenic treatment, etc.
Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate complex instructions and information to disparate constituencies.
Mastery level knowledge of technical aspects of film and television production
Demonstrated ability to draft scenic construction plans using Vectorworks
Demonstrated knowledge of carpentry, welding, and scenery construction practices.
Preferred Qualifications Strong working knowledge of University and collective bargaining policies, practices, rules, regulations, etc., including safety rules and regulations.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position