Associate Vice President, Admissions
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-01
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of Admission will provide leadership in designing the institution’s enrollment strategy for undergraduate and graduate students during a time when the College is poised for transformative change in support of our students’ academic success, academic program enhancements and the continued expansion of our multiple learning modalities. S/he is responsible for the strategic and operational management of recruitment and admissions activities and is expected to make sophisticated use of data, employ high-impact best practices in enrollment management, and inspire others to work collegially in achieving the College’s enrollment goals. The AVP directly overseas leadership of the college’s admissions teams physically located at the San Jose Branch Campus and the Pasadena campus.
The AVP is tasked with aligning recruiting and admissions strategies and activities across the college (on-ground and online) and achieving excellent operational results in the multiple locations via standardized reporting and best operational practices, adoption of appropriate technology tools, common metrics, and effective organizational structures.
The AVP will establish a close working relationship with Academic Affairs, Office of the Registrar, Student Services as well as the TCS Education System who provides Marketing, Financial Aid, and Admissions Operations. The AVP will also be expected to contribute to college-wide strategy development and may engage in activities with the Board.
The Associate Vice President is a member of the President’s Cabinet and reports directly to Pacific Oaks’ President.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of a comprehensive enrollment management plan, with the focus of attracting and enrolling diverse, academically talented undergraduate and graduate students.
- Meet new student enrollment goals by effectively managing all key aspects of the enrollment funnel and pipeline.
- Produce regular tracking, management, and executive reports; communicates this information to faculty and staff.
- Uphold and advance the brand position of PO through messaging, systems, policies, and procedures. These include institutional branding, media planning, online and offline marketing, pricing, scholarship strategy, and the expansion of academic and organizational partnerships aimed at achieving new student enrollment goals. Continually monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape and make necessary adjustments to maintain and strengthen our market position. Coordination of media relations and employment of creative broadcast services.
- Develop strategies for application processing, file management, prospective student communication, and student selection including waitlist management, including managing Admission Strategy Meetings in cooperation with TCSES Marketing and Admissions Operations teams.
- Knowledgeable in and have the ability to analyze regional, national, and global market trends as well as current and anticipated demands for particular College programs.
- Oversee recruitment and admission related events.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships between admission and strategic internal partners: marketing, academic affairs, student services and financial aid.
- Partner with financial aid to ensure institutional aid is used as a strategic tool in meeting enrollment and revenue goals.
- Partner with marketing to ensure prospect and inquiry generation activities meet institutional and system goals.
- Partner effectively and proactively with campus presidents.
- Serve and participate on institutional committees as requested or required by the position. Specifically, serve as a member of the Enrollment Services Group providing insights into enrollment strategies and operation as well as provide regular updates to the committee.
- Provide guidance and support to the campus deans and directors of admission to maximize their effectiveness.
- Work with local leadership to develop community engagement strategies, local recruitment plans, and business outreach.
- Ensures accuracy and currency of admission web site and related online communication.
- Develop and oversee admission policies and procedures; recommend admission standards for existing and new programs. Develop and implement an admission staff training program which incorporates the mission, vision and values of PO.
- Prepare and monitor the admission budget.
- Ensure accurate data management and analysis; utilize data to increase productivity and guided targeted recruitment strategies and tactics.
- Ensure PO remains current and competitive in its use of technology in admission, financial aid, and other critical new student interfaces.
- Serve as lead on development and implementation of Articulation Agreements with other educational institutions.
- Serve as liaison to Student Services, Registrar, Academic Affairs, and Academic Advising to ensure consistency in support of new enrollments
- Oversee the development of all recruitment and admission related collateral in collaboration with marketing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to interpret data and recognize trends (both external and internal) that impact new enrollments and market sustainability
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks with differing due dates and timelines simultaneously
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A proven track record of success in recruitment.
- Superior communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills; supervisory experience in an admissions operation; expertise in facilitating organizational development and change
- Competency for analyzing recruitment-related data and assessing programming activities as part of a strategic enrollment planning initiative;
- Successful track record in growing program markets regionally and nationally. Creativity in marketing strategy to generate business-to-business and business-to-consumer leads. Outcomes-based decision-maker and to analyze effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Working knowledge of and a background in building solid academic and corporate partnerships.
- Leadership skills to build, motivate, and focus an enrollment team.
- Requires management skills in the selection and supervision of professional staff.
- Student-centric thinker, committed to student success and experienced in developing recruitment strategies that correlate to strong student retention
- Ability to develop and utilize data for data-driven decision making.
- The ability to assimilate and interpret complex data;
- Experience in managing multiple projects and products/brands are preferred;
- Must be able to represent, recruit, and work within a diverse community;
- A master’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 5- 7 years’ experience of progressively responsibility in admissions leadership is required and preferably in a tuition dependent, environment.
- Periods of intensive travel, including weekends and evenings required.
- Working knowledge in developing, initiating, evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment, communication and marketing plans and strategies.
- 2-3 years’ experience leading a performance-driven non-traditional education admissions team strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collegially with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
- Number of exempt employees this position supervises: 2-3
- Number of non-exempt employees this position supervises: 1
- Item: N/A
- $ Per Year: Dependent upon Fiscal budget
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL BUSINESS CONTACTS:
Internal Contacts: President’s Executive Cabinet
Purpose: Participation in college leadership decision-making
- Peers, co-workers
- Communication, disseminating information
- Gathering information for advising purposes
- Educational and Corporate Partners
- Development of Articulation Agreements, enrollment pipeline, and strategic partnerships to increase college brand awareness and new student recruitment
- Computer/keyboard; telephone w/headset; calculator; copier/scanner; stapler, cell phone.
- Percent of time driving/travel is required: 10%
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor/office; temperature about 70 degrees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (based on a typical week):
C = Constant(over 66% of time)
F =Frequent(34%-66% of time)
O = Occasional(1%-33% of time)
- Lifting/carrying under 10 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling under 10 lbs. – O
- Reaching outward – O
- Sitting – C
- Standing – O
- Bending – O
- Walking on normal surfaces – F
- Typing/keyboarding/ten-key – C
- Fine handling/grasping – O
- Repetitive motion (hands) – O
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.