Student: Dock Worker
Student: Dock WorkerRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$19.29 per hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
As a Dock Worker, you will load and unload freight in a productive, safe and claims-free manner. Although dock workers do not work inside a warehouse, you must maximize space when loading freight.
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on all dock equipment
- Properly document all freight control processes
- Participate in company training and improvement programs
- Be available for irregular work schedules, alternating work shifts and/or assignments
- Adhere to the operational procedures and guidelines contained in the company Driver/Dockworker Manual
- Stable and growing organization
- Pay beginning at $19.00 per hour
- Quick advancement
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- 18 years of age
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to pass a drug screen
05/02/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: