BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST
Job Title: BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST
Location: Centralia College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 10320
Centralia College is located on a 30-acre campus in the heart of Centralia, Washington and has been serving students in the Lewis County region since 1925. As a comprehensive community college, Centralia College offers academic transfer and workforce programs, as well as adult basic education, ELL, and personal enrichment classes. The college also offers four Bachelor of Applied Science degrees: Information Technology - Application Development, Diesel Technology, Applied Management (Business), and Teacher Education.
In addition to the main campus in Centralia, Centralia College East in Morton is a smaller site that serves the needs of students in east Lewis County. Since the college is committed to the success of all students, Centralia College also provides educational programs at two corrections centers in southwest Washington - Garrett Heyns Education Center located in Shelton, Washington and Cedar Creek Corrections Center located in Littlerock, Washington. In total, the college serves more than 7,000 students annually. For more than 90 years, several generations of Lewis County residents have looked to Centralia College for their education and training needs.
For more information on Centralia College and what it can do for you, please call 360-736-9391 or visit www.centralia.edu.Job Description
Position PurposeThe Business Process Analyst (BPA) reports to the Vice President, Human Resources and Equity and is responsible for working with and across all of the ctcLink pillars and campus departments to integrate, maintain, and support business processes within the PeopleSoft environment.
Nature and ScopeThe BPA serves as PeopleSoft resource to pillar leads, subject matter experts, and other end users to assure smooth integration of human and technical resources. The position provides project assistance with organizational change management within and between departments, assists with data collection and analysis to facilitate knowledge transfer, and provides training/job aids to faculty and staff where required. Duties and Responsibilities
- Support business operations by troubleshooting, resolving, and/or escalating PeopleSoft related issues to SBCTC Customer Support, with special focus on aiding end users in understanding key business processes that are executed within one or more assigned PeopleSoft modules.
- Act as a liaison among various pillars and departments in order to continually analyze workflow processes to assist in guiding the end users and responding to end-user inquiries. Provide specialized project coordination, logistics, and general administrative support to college staff and faculty in the use and optimization of PeopleSoft tools.
- Communicate timely status updates on assigned work and on-going activities as requested by team, pillar, and/or administration. Research and analyze system functionality to identify opportunities for improving operational efficiency. Work with functional owners and pillar leads to identify unused/new PeopleSoft features to optimize business processes or satisfy unmet business objectives.Monitor the ctcLink Environment/Pillar Update schedule and serve as college Testing Lead for scheduled ctcLink system updates.
- Regularly conduct business process reviews.
- Partner with pillar leads in developing and maintaining end-user documentation related to business processes or system changes for project training and sustainability.
- Work with Institutional Research to create data reports and benchmark gathering activities garnered through process observations.
- Work closely with IT to assure college business processes align with the security and technical requirements of the system.
- Run ad hoc queries and reports using PeopleSoft query, BI Publisher, local dataLink databases, and other reporting tools.
- Provide onboarding PeopleSoft training to new employees. Consult with VPHR Manager on continual improvement and other practices to ensure success of the onboarding program.
- Create and implement data tracking and training tools for a variety of end users. Lead and participate in one-on-one, small group, and large group training. Crosswalk legacy operating procedures and manuals to Peoplesoft processes.
- Associate’s degree in business, information technology, human resource management, organizational management, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Relevant experience in a technical and/or functional role providing business analysis and systems support.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills and ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with ability to identify problems and determine corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision. Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, information technology, human resource management, organizational management, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Functional leadership or subject matter expert experience in PeopleSoft.
- Experience in providing organizational change management and business process improvement solutions and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and promptly resolve or escalate when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information into easy to understand terms for audiences at all levels of the organization. Strong time management and organizational skills.
This is a twelve (12) month per year, full-time overtime eligible exempt position. The salary is $45,000 - 55,000 depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. The state of Washington provides a comprehensive benefits package for state employees. The position may participate in the TIAA/CREF retirement system.
DEADLINE: The screening committee will begin their review on April 21, 2021. Position is open until filled.
Annual Salary: $45,000 - 55,000 (DOQ/DOE)
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Online Application
- Cover Letter that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Eligibility to Work
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.Background Check
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.EEO Statement
Centralia College has a strong institutional commitment to the principles of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we strongly urge all qualified applicants, especially people of color, persons of disability, women, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans, to apply. Centralia College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Centralia College to assure equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Centralia College does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. Designated Title II, VI, VII, IX, Section 504, ADA compliance officer: Vice President for Human Resources and Equity, Hanson Hall Room 101, Centralia College, 600 Centralia College Blvd, Centralia WA 98531-4099, (360)623-8943.
The Human Resources Office is accessible for persons with disabilities. Those who need disability accommodation in the application/employment process, please call (360)623-8943.Jeanne Clery Statement
Notice of Availability of Annual Security Report—Centralia College's Annual Crime/Security Report is available here, containing mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, required statistics, and other related information. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please call 360-623-8947.Title IX Statement
Centralia College is compliant with Title IX best practices. For more information visit, Title IX.