Benefits Manager (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
Job SummaryUpward Mobility/Career Progression Program Opportunity - Internal Applicants Only
This position is being offered as an Upward Mobility/Career Progression Program opportunity and is open to current Central Arizona College employees only. The employee chosen for this position will remain in their current position and simultaneously work on a personalized training plan. The training plan will require the employee to spend approximately 10% of their time training and job shadowing the current Benefits Manager. Upon completion of the training plan, the employee will be promoted to the position of Benefits Manager. The expected date of the promotion is September 2021. Compensation during the training plan will be determined by the Vice President of Talent Development and will be dependent upon the extent of the training plan.
Manage and coordinate the District’s benefits administration to include all insurance coverage, retirement administration, industrial, federal, and state reporting, administration and management of FMLA leave and ADA administration; serve as HIPAA Privacy Officer; manage and coordinate employee wellness.Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between college employees and the various providers as the primary point of contact for employees that have inquiries, difficulties with claims, payments or need assistance in communicating with the providers. Interprets and provides guidance relating to benefits, coverage and contract provisions to employees, and management. Reconcile and submit reports to insurance companies, processes billings, oversees worker’s compensation filings. Perform market trend review for annual benefits renewal and researches and recommends benefit plan and contract term modifications, as requested. Administer benefit withholdings in ERP system and calculation of tax benefits for life insurance and entry into ERP system.
- Manage pre-tax annuities for employees including enrollment, dissemination of information and administration in ERP system. Determine contacts and arrange vendor contact for the College.
- Supervise and coordinate all duties of staff retirees. Generate retiree work agreement forms and direct retirees on days to work and functions to perform. Responsible for time entry into ERP system for all retirees.
- Oversee the processing of and processes all documents necessary for implementation of various benefits programs and maintenance of such records as required for compliance with all federal and state laws including ADA and FMLA. Maintains all benefits files. Serves as HIPAA privacy officer, employee contact for any FMLA and/or industrial leave and manages the ADA accommodation process. Responsible for authorization of all employment drug testing and other testing as required.
- Interpret, provides guidance, and trains employees, managers and staff on benefits and related policies and procedures. Coordinates the implementation of benefits or related policy and procedure changes. Develop and deliver benefits orientation. Develop informational materials and coordinates their dissemination and the promotion of benefits programs.
- Manage formal employee wellness program. Coordinates on-site wellness events and supervises the wellness ambassador program, including facilitating the representatives at each campus and center.
- Serve as College retirement liaison and action agent for the Arizona State Retirement System. Serve as Secretary to the Public Service Personnel Retirement System Local Board. Coordinate employee retirements and train and disseminate all information (including, but not limited to, all new federal and state regulations and statutes) to employees and Board members. Develop and is responsible for Board agendas and transmittal of official minutes to PSPRS. Generates all employee retirement paperwork, including monthly retirement benefit calculations. Provide annual report of premium adjustments to both ASRS and PSPRS. Responsible for the management, training and general guidance of the College Employee Benefit Trust Board, inclusive of all formal employee claims appeals.
- Responsible for medical, dental, vision, and life monthly billings and reconciliations. Review and approve payments of premiums to college vendors.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
Associate's degree or directly related certification and five (5) years of applicable experience -or- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of applicable experience.
DEADLINE: Sunday, April 11, 2021APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Skill in evaluating technical payroll and benefit activities.
- Skill in preparing detailed reports.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Skill in conducting effective presentations.
- Skill in analyzing data and reaching sound conclusions.
Duties require little physical effort in work with light (up to 10 lbs), easy to handle materials. Duties performed causes light fatigue of eyes, fingers, or other facilities due to long periods of standing, sitting, and repetitive motion.
Significant Level Interpersonal Skills - Position engages in or requires some or all of the following: Develops, motivates, assesses, conducts performance reviews, and rewards other employees; Has significantly high interactions with student, program participants, and/or the public; Provides in depth counseling; Teaches in an open-classroom environment where students are free to confront concepts and question theories; Works with highly confidential information; and/or Interacts on a regular basis with high profile individuals where interactions require well-developed understanding of human behavior and the ability to apply those skills in situations where the outcome is unpredictable.
Job is performed in general office or comparable working area with occasional distractions such as noise, interruptions, or congested work areas with exposure to some disagreeable elements.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.