EITS Client ServicesAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.Posting Type:
TRS or ORPEmployment Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
Monday – Friday, 8am -5pm; Occasional after-hours as needed.Advertised Salary:
Commensurate with ExperiencePosting Date:
04/02/2021Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
06/01/2021Location of Vacancy:
Athens AreaEEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
Information Technology ManagerFLSA:
Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Position Summary:
Provides leadership for Collaborative Tools, Client Technical services, and Help Desk services areas under the direction of the Vice President of Information Technology; assists in achieving strategic requirements and objectives for the VPIT; assists in the planning and development of the programs that improve processes surrounding change management and operational controls; participates in organizational and committee meetings; coordinate management of information and requirements from/to VPIT and EITS senior leadership.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
Excellent written and verbal communication with a strong focus on customer service. Ability to effectively plan, execute, and close complex projects. Ability to interact effectively with varying levels of technical expertise. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and direct the efforts of a team in a high-profile environment. Experience in development of budget and plan to handle life-cycle management. Knowledge and experience in managing, integrating, and configuring campus wide software products. Ability to collaborate and develop relationships.Physical Demands:
Normal office environment.Is driving a responsibility of this position?:
NoIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
Provides leadership for Collaborative Tools, Client Technical Services, and Helpdesk Services areas under the direction of the Vice President of Information Technology (VPIT).
- Develop a staff of energized, highly effective, customer-focused professionals and the processes/tools to facilitate the delivery of world-class customer service.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of all Client Services areas providing guidance for several areas including Application Support, Computer Labs, CTS Desktop Support, EITS workflows, and Campus IT Partnerships.
- Develops client service agendas based on customer’s needs and requirements. Manage client expectations, needs and priorities, and collaborate with client team members to ensure effective service delivery capabilities and priorities.
- Manages personnel and performs duties like completing performance evaluations, giving formal and informal feedback, taking corrective action, etc.
Assists in achieving strategic requirements and objectives for the VPIT; Secures, maintains, represents, and provides information regarding Client Services/EITS
- Assist the VPIT and senior management in strategic and tactical planning for UGA core areas to support the mission of UGA.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Master Plan.
- Monitor progress of the Master Plan to accomplish stated objectives.
- Manages, monitors and reports on KPIs for client’s satisfaction and EITS goals while recommending appropriate strategies, tactics, and operational initiatives to continuously enhance client satisfaction and EITS objectives.
- Establishes, directs, and monitors a reporting system to determine what critical data, human resources, and funding resources are needed, how, and when.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with appropriate groups of EITS staff, University personnel, and public groups, as directed.
- Assists the VPIT in assigned administrative, development, and public relations activities.
Participates in organizational and committee meetings.
- Participate in committees and work groups to support the objectives of Enterprise Information Technology Services – Collaborate, partner, promote, and develop relationships with campus units and external partners such as government, vendors, and other organizations
Coordinate management of information and requirements from/to VPIT and EITS senior leadership.
- Reports activities, successes, solutions, and problems
Assists in the planning and development of the programs that improve processes surrounding change management, privileged access, logical access, and operational controls.
- Provide planning and execution leadership for this area.
- Assist in evaluating and improving mitigation control procedures to meet policies, guidelines and standards.
- Provide direction in developing, establishing, and implementing methodologies, processes, procedures, and the appropriate documentation guidelines for standardizing programs
- Ensure that planned processes are implemented and specified requirements are satisfied and are in compliance with standards and audits