MEDICAL ASSISTANT,SHS Student Health Services
MEDICAL ASSISTANT,SHS Student Health ServicesTracking Code0407 Job Description
Provide supportive care to the Student Health Services (SHS) Department patients under the direct supervision of the practitioner or physician.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as a multidisciplinary team member.
- Assist Registered Nurse, practitioners, and physicians with assessments, examinations, and treatment.
- Perform and assist with technical skills as defined in the scope of practice.
- Execute duties as in- serviced, including crutch walking, dressing changes, and assisting practitioner/physician with a splint or cast application.
- Maintain and prepare rooms between patient procedures. Assist with preparation of equipment procedures.
- Monitor stock and restock supplies as needed.
- Collect and label urine and blood specimens accurately as ordered by practitioner/physician.
- Two years of college, or equivalent, bachelor's degree preferred
- Certification as a medical assistant is required
- Certification as a paramedic is preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of work experience; Paramedic experience will be considered.
- IV insertion skills desirable
- Experience with administering IM, Subcutaneous, & intradermal vaccines preferred, including reconstitution of live vaccines.
BU Student Health Services is considered an essential service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular