Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-01
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Assists Librarian in information services: answers questions regarding available references, and helps public in use of available references and bibliographic tools, such as Library of Congress catalog. Provide friendly, helpful service to customers, assist patrons in finding materials in the Library, assist with software and hardware questions in the Computer Lab and with scanning and printing issues, monitor lab usage and the computers electronically and physically. Help maintain studious atmosphere by enforcing Library policies and work on special projects for the Library as needed.
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, library catalogs, and automated information systems.
- Performs routine cataloging and coding of library materials, arranges and maintains periodicals, prepares volumes for binding, handles interlibrary loan requests, prepares invoices, retrieves information from databases, and supervises support staff.
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.
- Answer routine inquiries and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians.
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued, and returned and file catalog cards according to system used.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Lower Division Courses Completed
3 Months of Directly Relevant Experience
Typical office environment