Human Resources Student Assistant
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-12
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Provides excellent customer service in the hiring process for student employment. Follows specific instructions and performs clerical work using established routines. Applies limited analysis and problem-solving in performing job duties.
Target start date: mid to late March.
- Business major or HR minor and/or office/clerical work experiences highly preferred.
- Must be able to work during semester breaks.
- Work exclusively at the Student Employment window to assist with full-cycle recruitment, employment verification, orientation, on-boarding and all other HR-related responsibilities.
- Be knowledgeable and compliant of Federal and State employment laws, including university work policies. Communicate this information accurately with student employees and campus community (to be learned on the job).
- Enforce compliance and accuracy in all hiring documents submitted by student employees working on campus and at PCC.
- Assist with weekly reports and department audits to maintain data accuracy, track work hours, monitor I-9 expiration, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service in verbal and written communication.
- Assist in resolving student employment concerns, conflicts, and issues.
- Answers phones and greets visitors resolve routine questions or issues following established procedures and guidelines.
- Files documents in appropriate folders and performs data entry tasks.
- Uses office machines such as copiers, scanners, and desktop computers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- English writing
- Cooperation/team work
- Work organization
- Detail oriented
Business major or HR minor and/or office/clerical work experiences highly preferred.
3 Months of General Work Experience
Typical office environment.