Administrative Clerk I
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a full time Administrative Clerk I who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who will act as a receptionist, perform varied clerical duties, and facilitate smooth office procedures.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Some College Courses.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required: 2 years of experience in a Secretarial/Clerical Environment.
Preferred: 3 years of experience in a Secretarial/Clerical Environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Accuracy in spelling, grammar, sentence structure and punctuation.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient Communication Skills (Interpersonal, Verbal, and Written) to convey information effectively.
- Current Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Outlook and Word).
- Efficient Organizational Skills.
- Typing Skills with a proficiency level of 45 wmp.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones. Screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greet visitors, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Schedule appointments. Maintain and update appointment calendars.
- File, track and maintain various reports, documents and records.
- May receive payment and record receipts for services. Will receive and sort, record, post and file cash payments, and sign receipts.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or fax machine.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the community.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Order, receive and deliver merchandise or materials for department.
- May enroll individuals to participate in programs and notify them of their acceptance.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times, especially when dealing with resistance or hostility. Required to provide an exemplary level of customer service to all internal, external customers, vendors, community leaders, etc.
- Required to maintain a commitment to discretion and confidentiality concerning sensitive information.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: Occasional overtime hours may be required. Overtime hours must be approved by supervisor and/or cabinet member prior to work. Must maintain the ability to work well with a team or independently.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy:
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) work