Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-01
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Payroll Coordinator, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and process a bi-weekly payroll including processing payroll for employees in multiple states.
- Review and process off cycle payments.
- Investigate and promptly respond to complex employee inquiries regarding wages, taxes and deductions.
- Process leave payouts in accordance to University policy reporting.
- Process ADP integration for on cycle and off cycle payroll processes and reconcile bi-weekly submission.
- Prepare and file payroll tax reports, including but not limited to biweekly and quarterly ADP.
- Reconcile data processed by ADP against Workday reports.
- Perform accounting related tasks such as journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Enter and monitor garnishments, tax levies and child support orders.
- Review and record PTO requests for bi-weekly salaried and hourly payroll.
- Calculate and enter payroll adjustments as necessary.
- Calculate wage overpayments.
- Assist with year-end processes for yearly W2.
- Assist in periodic audits and testing.
- Process court orders for child support, tax levies and wage garnishments.
- Update taxation (OASDI & Medicare) for students and OPS employees.
- Prepare payroll documents and payroll entries as needed for abandoned property.
- Process biweekly vendor payments.
- Update payroll deductions as needed and requested by various departments, including mass load of payroll deduction through and EIB (Enterprise Interface Builder).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
ADP knowledge and experience preferred.
Workday system experience preferred.Salary:$52,000College or Department:Financial AffairsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.Application Deadline: 2021-04-15-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.