Coordinator, Athletic Scholarships
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Athletic Scholarship, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of all federal, state, and institutional aid for athletes and assigned student alpha group.
- Performs eligibility review of athletic scholarships in accordance with current NCAA regulations.
- Responsible for accurate manual awarding of athletic scholarships, updates to financial aid offers, and processes adjustments when necessary.
- Attends annual NCAA Seminars and stays up-to-date on NCAA regulations that impact financial aid.
- Organizes and maintains system of tracking timely disbursement of athletic scholarships.
- Responsible for organizing, filing, and storage of financial aid documentation for student athletes.
- Reviews and processes satisfactory academic progress appeals, professional judgements, and revision forms for athletes and assigned student alpha group.
- Serves as liaison between the financial aid office and the athletic department to develop a collaborative working relationship.
- Facilitates and performs FAFSA outreach to athletes.
- Reviews and processes weekly financial aid reports such as negative need and overbudget reports.
- Assists front desk staffing during peak time, counselor of the day, or as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$38,000 - $40,000College or Department:Student AffairsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-04-11-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.