Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-09
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
A.D. Henderson School at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a reliable, responsible and flexible Maintenance Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
The Maintenance assistant assists with the coordination of cleaning and facility enhancements.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Conducts daily safety checks of the campus; reports damages and emergencies to supervisor.
- Executes minor repairs to the facility replacing broken light switches/lightbulbs, fixing door handles/frames, repairing minor leaks, painting and touch-ups, etc.).
- Restocks classrooms and offices with cleaning supplies for faculty, staff, and students.
- Assembles, repairs, and/or moves furniture and other office/classroom items such as tables, shelves, chairs, boards, etc.
- Maintains outer premises by cleaning entrances and common areas.
- Responds to requests for assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists with the oversight of daily school sanitization protocols and schedules.
- Prepares the school and school grounds for a safe arrival for faculty, staff, and students.
- Works collaboratively with the contracted cleaning staff to maintain proper sanitation measures.
- Adheres to safety protocols to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performs custodial duties, as needed, to support cleaning staff, including the implementation of COVID-19 precautions: sanitization of surfaces, electrostatic disinfection, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, trash disposal, dusting, restocking supplies, etc.
- Supports the set up and clean-up of events.
- Assists with vendors on campus, ensuring proper safety measures are in place.
- Other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of cleaning practices, including preventative COVID-19 measures required.
Familiarity with basic custodial, maintenance, and repairperson practices required.Salary:$13.75 - $16.00 per hourCollege or Department:A.D. Henderson SchoolLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-04-18-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected], prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected] to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.