University of Colorado – School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The research labs of Drs. James Costello, Scott Cramer, Joshua Black, and Heide Ford in the Department of Pharmacology are seeking a Bioinformatics Analyst with a proven track record of leading the design and analysis of omics data in the context of cancer. This position will be a joint hire between the aforementioned research labs and work across a diverse set of research areas in breast, prostate, and bladder cancers. The ideal candidate will have a desire to not only design and perform bioinformatics analysis, but to gain a deeper insight into challenges into basic mechanisms of cancer development, treatment and metastasis. This position will also offer the opportunity to mentor graduate students and postdoctoral researchers
Position Emphasis: This position will be jointly supported by Drs. Costello, Cramer, Black and Ford with salary compensation commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the individual. Responsibilities:
- Design the analysis plan for projects involving -omics data.
- Develop and run Bioinformatics pipelines.
- Work collaboratively with graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to address research questions.
- Review and edit relevant sections of grants and manuscripts.
- Participate in lab meetings and seminars.
Communicate with other bioinformaticists to exchange expertise and provide supportSalary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established at $80,000 to $100,000 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A PhD or equivalent experience (MS with 2+ years of experience) in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics/Computational Biology or related fields
- Demonstrated track record of the analysis of -omic datasets from raw data files to fully analyzed results.
- Experience programming and attributable source code in R, Python, or related languages that are widely used in bioinformatics
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- A track record in cancer research
- A track record of source code in a version control system (e.g., GitHub)
- A specialist understanding in a highly relevant field in cancer research, such as immunology, developmental biology, cell signaling, or a specific cancer type (e.g., prostate, breast)
- Demonstrated ability to train researchers in bioinformatics skills and techniques
- A track record of contributions to proposals for research funding
- Interest in developing new analytical workflows for emerging technologies (e.g., multiplexed ion beam imaging or single cell technologies)
Competencies:Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Ability to manage multiple Bioinformatics projectsAbility to develop new analysis pipelines and the associated code to execute the pipelinesAbility to manage code through a versioning system such as GitHub. Job Category:
Apr 2, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University