Open Rank- Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
Position #00782507The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America’s most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.The Department of Neurosurgery at University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus School of Medicine is seeking a full-time Neurosurgeon to become Director of the Neuro-trauma Program at the University of Colorado Hospital. University of Colorado Hospital is an academic 650 bed Level 1 Trauma Center, associated with the University of Colorado Department of Neurosurgery residency Program. A mid- career, board certified Neurosurgeon, with interest in clinical research is preferred. Academic rank will be based on experience and research. Clinical interests should include general neurosurgery and complex spine surgery. As the Level-1 Neurotrauma Director, duties will include:
- Supervise daily operations of the trauma program
- Direct ongoing patient tracking, abstracting, and data entry of trauma service patients into the trauma registry data bank
- Responsible for trauma registry data and QA activities that comply with state and national guidelines to include the state trauma rules and regulations, the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma Optimal Guidelines, and Joint Commission criteria
- Assists with developing and monitoring the budget Participate in the development of trauma protocols
Minimum QualificationsAssistant Professor:
- Doctor of Medicine GraduateGraduate of an American Board of Neurological Surgery certified residency program, new graduate or within 5 years of completing residency programBoard certified or Board Eligible in Neurosurgery Fellowship Training in Spine and/or Neuro-Trauma, Formal Neurocritical training desired, but not required.
- Doctor of Medicine GraduateGraduate of an American Board of Neurological Surgery certified residency program, Board certified in Neurosurgery 6 or more years of experience as a neurosurgeon, in an academic environment, desired but not requiredFellowship Training in Spine and/or Neuro-Trauma, Formal Neurocritical training desired, but not required.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing