Health Care Tech III
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Department of DermatologyJob Title Healthcare Tech IIIPosition #00782569, Requisition #20772
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Dermatology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Health Care Tech III position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. The Department of Dermatology has an opening for one full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Medical Assistant (Health Care Tech III) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers 2 undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and 5 first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, CO, it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Job Summary:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Medical Assistant / Health Care Technician III. This full-time (1.00 FTE), University Staff (non-classified) position will support CU Aurora Dermatology Clinic (A Medicaid UPL Clinic), managed by the Department of Dermatology. This role will be responsible for assisting with hands on patient care. This will include the use of the Epic EMR system. This role will support dermatology procedures and will be responsible for electrolysis. This position will mostly focus on patient care, but can have some responsibilities in the back office, ordering medical supplies, organize and stock exam rooms and schedule patients for the clinic. In addition, this MA/Health Care Technician will enter patient information and assist the Clinic physicians with certain procedures.This position will perform reception/administrative duties, such as: faxing reports, answering phones, scheduling patients using the facility’s software program, greeting patients and Clinic visitors, collecting co-pays, communicating and collecting information from referring physicians, securing insurance authorization, and preparing the Clinic each night for the next day’s appointments, this includes pulling and filing charts, ordering and preparing supplies, etc.Examples of Work Performed:Medical Assistance & Patient Support:
Administrative Support & Front Desk Coordination:
- Perform electrolysis for transgender patients in preparation for surgery.
- Assists the physician/nurse practitioner during all procedures.
- Room patients and provide basic patient monitoring, counseling, and education.
- Prepares patients for skin assessments and minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Enters all information into electronic (Epic) EMR.
- Checks insurance for appropriate referral, communicates with patients if additional information is necessary
- Cleans and prepares equipment and treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Faxes reports and prepares patient charts; obtains past patient records as needed.
- Creates, modifies, and requests medicals records and documentation.
- Answers phone, interprets patient needs, and schedules appointments using the Clinic’s software.
Salary and Benefits:
- Performs reception/administrative duties, including: answers telephones, screening callers, relaying messages, and greeting visitors.
- Acts as a liaison and communicates with referring physician offices in order to confirm patient information.
- Informs patients about the cost of their treatment/care plan and provides them with further informational resources.
- Assists with equipment monitoring and inventory control, including: ordering supplies, ensuring supplies are available on a consistent basis.
- Provides secretarial support to clinical staff.
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $41,184- $45,420The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Completed an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA) program.
- Two (2) years of experience working as a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, or in similar role
: College course work appropriate to the assignment may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Qualifications:
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A valid and current Medical Assistant is preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in medical office setting.
- One (1) or more years of dermatological experience.
- Medical esthetic experience.
- Experience in a healthcare setting providing services to patients of various racial and ethnic groups and/or sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records system (Epic).
- Experience with blood draws.
- Experience scheduling patients for appointments utilizing electronic software.
- Experience setting up sterile and non-sterile procedure trays and medical procedure rooms.
- Experience completing lab forms.
- Experience managing and handling sensitive and confidential information.
- CPR Certified and/or in the processes of getting certification.
- BLS (basic life support) Certified and/or in the processes of getting certification.
- Experience working with residents, staff, and faculty, within a higher education and/or academic medical environment.
- Knowledge of medical chart preparation and set-up.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to interpret medical rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds. Must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Must possess a professional demeanor, strong problem solving skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner, and possess excellent time management, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations.
Health CarePrimary Location:
Apr 2, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University