Open Rank - Science Writer
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry
Open Rank- Science Writer
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, one of four campuses in the University of Colorado System, is the major academic medical center in the Rocky Mountain region. The Anschutz Medical Campus is home to the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and a new Veterans Affairs Hospital, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive biomedical research and clinical care centers in the western United States. With world-class health sciences research, educational and clinical facilities, the CU School of Medicine has established distinctive and highly productive programs, receiving research awards of more than $350 million per year, including more than $200 million from National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies. The School's total annual clinical and research revenue exceeds $1.2 billion per year.The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry has just welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD and is in the process of growing the Department of Psychiatry with new programs and expanding existing programs. DOPsych Diversity Equity Inclusion Information:The purpose of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to hold the Department of Psychiatry’s faculty, staff, and trainees accountable for promoting a culture of inclusive excellence and respect. We are committed to continuous education, sustaining cultural humility, and action related to DEI topics including systematic review of policies and procedures to ensure they are in alignment with the DOPsych DEI mission and vision.Nature of WorkThe Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a science writer at an open rank. The main responsibility of the Science Writer(s) is to assist with the scientific writing of peer-reviewed publications and grant applications.Please note, this is an open rank position and could be categorized as Instructor, Clinical Instructor, Senior Instructor, Clinical Senior Instructor based on experience and qualifications as indicated below. Clinical designation is used for individuals that are hired at part time status. Part time appointment would be considered for candidates who meet the qualifications. Examples of Work Performed
- Drafting grants for government funding agencies, private foundations, and industry
- Drafting, editing, and submitting manuscripts (e.g., reviews, original research articles, perspective pieces) to peer-reviewed academic journals (as a collaborating author)
- Revising manuscripts for resubmission
- Creating figures and tables for publications
- Preparing posters and presentations
- Developing and maintaining a list of potential research funding opportunities
- Preparing IRB protocols
- Masters, PhD, PsyD in Psychology, Neuroscience, or related field
- Proven track record of publishing first-author papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Instructor: 0- 3 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: Master’s in Psychology Neuroscience or related field or PhD or PsyD in Neuroscience or related field.
- Clinical Instructor: 0- 3 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: Master’s in Psychology Neuroscience or related field or PhD or PsyD in Neuroscience or related field.
- Senior Instructor: 1-3 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: Master’s in Psychology Neuroscience or related field or PhD or PsyD in Neuroscience or related field.
- Clinical Senior Instructor: 1-3 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: Master’s in Psychology Neuroscience or related field or PhD or PsyD in Neuroscience or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to write on a wide variety of research topics by researching and developing a proficient understanding of new areas of research
- Good understanding of statistical analyses
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, fast learner, highly organized
- Ability to use reference software (e.g., EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to community audiences
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing