Security Guard - 3rd Shift (Full-Time)
Job Title: Security Guard - 3rd Shift (Full-Time)
Location: Sarasota, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48601
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email [email protected] or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Daily Tasks would include:
- Following the Ringling Security Operating Guidelines. Patrolling the campus and guarding against theft, vandalism and other occurrences, potential or actual, which could result in loss or damage to the collection.
- Performing routine inspections of assigned posts/venues. Utilizing a golf cart, multi-line telephone and two-way radio. Monitoring parking areas and surrounding exterior areas of venues.
- Serves as alternate Surveillance Operator for the Surveillance Operation Center (SOC). Monitoring conditions on campus and communicates important information with the appropriate personnel. Utilizing electronic security systems, access control points, closed circuit video systems, fire and weather monitoring systems, and computers.
- Responding to incidents and emergencies, which may require the ability to walk significant distances and or climb/descend stairs quickly. Assisting individuals involved in accidents or when injured on campus. Assisting in execution of emergency plans concerning evacuation of venues in the event of fire, disasters, or other emergency situations.
- Preparing written reports of accidents, incidents, and general conditions as necessary. Performs other duties as assigned. In the absence of the Security Shift Supervisor, the incumbent may supervise, direct and monitor the performance of security personnel in their duties and assist when necessary.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position including, but not limited to, the ability to walk significant distances and or climb/descend stairs quickly in order to respond to emergencies.
- Ability to differentiate emergency from non-emergency situations.
The selected candidate is required to obtain SKYWARN Spotter and CPR/First Aid training within first 12 months of hire (training provided by The Ringling).Helpful
While these skills and experiences are helpful, they are not required to be considered for this role:
- Previous experience or skills in related roles such as Security, Police, or Military.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or [email protected].University Information
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
$24,000 annually + 10% Shift Differential.
Per FSU policy, Pay Additives, incumbents are eligible to receive shift differential pay. Eligibility may be assigned when an incumbent's scheduled working hours fall within the evening (between 6 PM and 12 AM) or night shift (12 AM and 6 AM), and is subject to provisions specified in applicable collective bargaining agreements, if any.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Working hours will be Tuesday through Saturday from 10:15 PM to 6:45 AM with a half hour lunch period. The incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, emergencies, and special events based on the needs of The Ringling.Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, click here or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.