Asst/Assoc Professor of Early Childhood and Generalist - Fall 2021/Spring 2022
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Asst/Assoc Professor of Early Childhood and Generalist - Fall 2021/Spring 2022Department:
DAL-Teacher Education & Admin-518200College/School:
School of EducationJob Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
The School of Education at UNT-Dallas seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families, and communities by providing high-quality, student focused education in preparation for tomorrow’s careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community inspired to support.Position Summary:
The University of North Texas Dallas invites applications for the tenure-track position of Early Childhood and Generalist -Teacher Education starting in Fall 2021. UNT Dallas – the first public institution of higher education in Dallas – offers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university. Rank and salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
The incumbent in this tenure-track position which will be responsible for teaching four courses per semester, program coordination, supporting advisement of majors, and engaging in high quality applied research/scholarly activities and grant writing. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in curricular improvements and service and community engagement including, but not limited to development, community development, service learning, recruiting, program assessment, accreditation, student advisement, and committee leadership. Summer school teaching is possible, but is dependent on budget and course demand.Minimum Qualifications:
• Doctorate degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in in Curriculum and Instruction, Education, or Teacher Education with at least 18 credit hours at the doctoral level in early childhood and elementary education.
• Established record of research agenda and a demonstrated trajectory of improving scholarly achievement.
• Evidence of publishing and/or presentations as a scholar/researcher commensurate with rank.
• Demonstrated experience teaching courses in early childhood and elementary education for accredited higher education institutions.
• A minimum of three years teaching, in the public school systems in elementary education subjects.
• Availability to teach face-to-face, hybrid, or online for both day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Teacher education, state certification in subject matter or administration for education positions.
• Established grant writing track record with experiences as a principal investigator or co-investigator.
• Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff, and faculty.
• Experience using technology in teaching, and experience teaching hybrid web or online courses.
• Bilingual (Spanish) for all Bilingual education positions.
Lifting up to 50 pounds, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Ability to communicateSecurity Sensitive:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University Vehicle:
F423PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant’s interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial graduate transcripts to https://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/.
For additional information contact Arleen Gil at 972-338-1503 or [email protected]
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.Quicklink for Posting: