Counselor, Counseling Center
Counselor, Counseling CenterType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
Staff - Exempt(Monthly)Department:
University Counseling ServicesSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a permanent 10-month position beginning August 2, 2021. Months worked will be August through May, with June and July off each year.
To provide counseling services for Murray State students.
• Provide mental health counseling services using individual, couples, family and group modalities.
• Provide crisis counseling as needed during business hours.
• Provide university student mental health consultation services as needed.
• Provide appropriate educational programs for faculty, staff, and student groups.
• Utilize electronic medical record system for scheduling clients and maintaining client files.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Counseling Center Policies and Procedures manual.
• Collaborate with the Director on developing programs to meet the mental health needs of the university students.
• Adhere to ethical principles and standards as outlined by the appropriate code of conduct.
• Maintain and provide proof of liability insurance.
• Follow caseload expectations as outlined each semester.
• Assist in the development and support of interns as needed.
• Serve on appropriate committees as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology required.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Licensed as an LPA, LPP, LPC, LMSW, LCSW or CSW.
• Licensed or license-eligible in Kentucky
• Maintain appropriate licensure and fulfill all licensure requirements under the authority of the Kentucky Division of Occupations and Professions (psychology, counseling, social work).
• Experience providing mental health counseling
• Experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy
• Experience working with a college population
• Experience with DSM-5.
04/01/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by April 30, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.