Project ManagerType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
12 MonthsPosition Type:
Staff - Exempt(Monthly)Department:
Facilities Design and ConstructionSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans, implements, and coordinates design and construction activities affecting university facilities and grounds on main campus and extended campus.
• Responsible for the coordination of architects/engineers, contractors, surveyors, geotechnical engineers, and others necessary for completion of projects on time and within budget.
• Represents the University in coordinating capital construction projects and renovations.
• Communicates, both verbally and in writing, with all representatives involved in construction projects.
• Schedule and direct pre-construction, post-construction, progress meetings and other meetings as required by projects.
• Formulate reports, summaries, memos and recommendations as needed or as required by the Associate Director of Facilities Design and Construction.
• Perform inspections of construction/renovation activities for compliance with applicable codes, standards and specifications and address deviations from codes, standards and specifications with contractor through the appropriate chain of command.
• Prepare specifications for material and equipment purchases being utilized in construction.
• Organize, budget and track projects from programming to completion.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Facilities Design and Construction.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Three years’ experience in the field of engineering or construction.
• Must be knowledgeable of all phases of construction and project management and be able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be knowledgeable of applicable construction codes and standards.
• Must be able to prepare construction plans, specifications and material take-offs.
• Highly preferred bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or related field.
• Working knowledge of project management software, Word, Excel and AutoCAD fluency.
• Experience with State Capital projects.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Must be able to lift objects up to fifty (50) pounds.
04/20/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum Vitae