Assistant Professor, Music
Assistant Professor, MusicType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
Academic YearPosition Type:
MusicSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach applied oboe, bassoon and saxophone to music majors and minors, chamber music, woodwind methods and/or other courses commensurate with department needs and the candidate’s qualifications.
• Ongoing productivity as a performer, educator, and music scholar.
• Recruit outstanding students.
• Committee service, student advising, research/creative activity obligations consistent with all faculty appointments.
• Terminal degree by date of hire.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Ability to perform at a high level on oboe, bassoon, or saxophone, and at a level of competence on the other two.
• Enough knowledge of English horn, contrabassoon, and the saxophone family to teach them at a college level.
• Ability to teach each instrument to undergraduate music majors and minors.
• Ability to make reeds and teach reed making for oboe and bassoon.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective recruiting and retention and other department initiatives.
• Applied teaching experience at the university level.
• Ability to perform at a high level on oboe, bassoon, and saxophone.
02/12/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application detailing qualifications for the position and experience on all three instruments
• Current vita with references
• Copies of transcripts
• Contact information for three references who will be contacted by email with instructions for uploading reference letters. At least one contact should have observed the candidate in an instructional setting.
• Links to recent performances or recordings (within the last two years) on oboe, bassoon and saxophone (video preferred, audio acceptable).
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by March 16, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.