Extension Program Worker
Job descriptionJob no: 696197
Work type: Extension, Support Staff
Pay Grade: 00
Major Administrative Unit / College: Michigan State University Extension
Department: Extension Agriculture And Agribusiness 10058940
Sub Area: EXPA- Ext. Prog Assoc
Salary: 13.00 per hour
Location: Grand Traverse, In State, Traverse City
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
In alignment with the mission, programs and initiatives of MSU Extension, delivers research-based information to program participants through various methods and/or provides support and coordination of MSU Extension programs.Unit Position Summary
Summer technicians help conduct lab and field research trials in tree fruit systems. Research projects mainly fall under the disciplines of entomology, plant pathology, and horticulture.
- Work independently, think critically, communicate with fruit growers and researchers, compile and analyze data.
- Maintain Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD) colony,
- Check insect traps weekly in the 5 county area,
- Monitor weekly for SWD in 5 county area,
- Rate for tree fruit diseases,
- Tree training and harvesting high density sweet cherry, tart cherry, and apple systems.
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences to assist with program development and outreach.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter.Work Hours
Advertised: Apr 1, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 25, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time