Extension Program Worker
Job descriptionJob no: 698089
Work type: Extension, Support Staff
Pay Grade: 00
Major Administrative Unit / College: Michigan State University Extension
Department: Extension Community Food And Environment 10058942
Sub Area: EXPA- Ext. Prog Assoc
Salary: $50.00 per hour
Location: East Lansing, In State, Ingham
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
In alignment with the mission, programs and initiatives of MSU Extension, delivers research-based information to program participants through various methods and/or provides support and coordination of MSU Extension programs.Unit Position Summary
The MSU Product Center is seeking to hire a part time Food Processing Specialist to provide support to clients.
- Food processing experience in areas of slaughter and processing of meat/poultry, ready-to-eat (RTE) production to include seafood, animal welfare, GFSI auditing standards, food safety program creation and implementation and extensive knowledge in title 9 and 21 code of federal regulations.
- Management and production experience is also required across multiple food categories.
- The ability to communicate effectively and advise on projects is essential, as is implementation of regulatory compliance under MDARD, USDA and FDA protocols.
- The successful candidate will work alongside the FPIC Director in scheduling and managing to maximize productivity.
- Communicate with clients to provide production, regulatory and management guidance
- Create facility specific programs in their entirety to include: meat, poultry and seafood HACCP plans (intact, non-intact, heat-treated, fully cooked), HARPC plans, robust systematic animal welfare plans, product quality programs, SSOP's, food defense, IA Rule compliance, recall programs, BSE-SRM programs, pathogen testing protocols, GMP policies, export programs as well as all associated pre-requisite programs.
- Review plant specific programs and procedures and aide in the implementation where necessary
- Provide expert regulatory guidance to ensure compliance to MDARD, USDA and FDA regulations
- Assist in GFSI audit preparation, including internal audit evaluations
- Conduct animal welfare audits
- Support clients with regulatory needs such as attending FSA's or animal welfare audits and correcting regulatory non-compliances
Position Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.Desired Qualifications
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences to assist with program development and outreach.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover letter.Work Hours
Advertised: Apr 1, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 21, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time