Utility Trades Technician (senior-level, evening shift)
Present Position Number:
00567WRole Code Title:
Trades Technician IVPosition Title:
Utility Trades Technician (senior-level, evening shift)Position Summary:
William & Mary is seeking a qualified Utility Trades Technician (senior-level, evening shift). This is a multifunctional trades technician provides journeyman level expertise and is capable in carpentry, electrical and plumbing trades as well as limited site utility maintenance and repairs for all facilities. Performs work as night and weekend maintenance technician on scheduled shifts.
Position hours are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 2:00 pm – 12:30 am and Saturday 11:00 am – 9:30 pm.Required Qualifications:
• Significant experience in carpentry maintenance with basic working knowledge of plumbing and electrical trades.
• Ability to inspect, troubleshoot, test, diagnose and repair building and infrastructure issues/faults.
• Must have ability to quickly learn basic utilities and power shut off/on procedures for campus buildings.
• Must have considerable knowledge in the practices, methods, materials, and tools of the carpentry and general knowledge of plumbing and electrical trades.
•Ability to problem solve; determine the best means and methods of carpentry repair and plumbing/electrical restoration.
• Ability to deal effectively with faculty, staff, students and vendors.
• Basic knowledge of sheetrock patch and paint repair.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and have good computer skills.
• Must have the judgment and maturity to work independently and prioritize a multitude of service requests with little or no supervision.
• High level of motivation and customer service focus.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented.
• Experience and knowledge in Facilities Maintenance
• Experience in trades work related to position
• Basic computer skills.
• Organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
$35,136 to $54,055, Commensurate With ExperienceDepartment:
951100 Plant AdministrationLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U08Job Open Date:
03/31/2021Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
Position hours are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 2:00 pm – 12:30 am and Saturday 11:00 am – 9:30 pm.
This position is subject to overtime and schedule changes and may be required to work shifts during weekends, holidays, and special events. Incumbent will be required to participate in the Facilities Management “on-call” program.
This position has been designated as essential to the operation of the department, will require reporting to work when the University is officially closed, and is subject to overtime.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php