Director of Development
Present Position Number:
FP723WRole Code Title:
Director of DevelopmentPosition Summary:
The Director of Development for Marketing and Accounting Programs is responsible for securing private support for the marketing and accounting program. The incumbent will manage a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to the Mason School accounting program.
In addition, the Director of Development for Marketing and Accounting programs will manage the alumni volunteers, prepare proposals for prospects and donors, and will also work collaboratively with the Dir of Alumni Relations for engagement and partnership of Mason School alumni.Required Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree required with significant or extensive professional level of experience or specialized expertise.
• Experience in fund-raising with a well-developed vision and philosophy for fundraising in higher education.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including a commitment to and track record with both tactical and detailed fundraising planning.
• The ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting while being highly autonomous and to travel as required.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the complexities of a college setting.
• Administrative skill set to include: excel, word and other basic tools for managing advance work necessary for travel.
• Graduate degree desired, MBA or accounting strongly preferred.
• Experience in using Advance database.
• Significant experience in higher education development settings.
Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment:
3LA000 Development/Alumni FoundationLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U14Job Open Date:
01/11/2021Review Begin Date:
02/10/2021Job Close Date:
04/30/2021Open Until Filled:
Full Time ProfessionalPosition Term:
12-MonthSpecial Application Instructions:
This position has been reopened, all previous applications are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.Conditions of Employment::
Extensive travel in and out of the state; evening and weekend work is required.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php