Job no: 516259
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Human Resources
Department:62010200 - HR-BENEFITS
MGR, BenefitsJob Description:
The University of Florida’s Office of Human Resources (UFHR) is looking for a Benefits Manager with a proven track record of leading a customer service operation, preferably in a benefits focused environment, that is focused on the employee experience.
- Manage the day to day customer service operation of a comprehensive health and welfare program which includes State of Florida and university sponsored plans.
- Design, evaluate, and modify procedures to ensure compliance and service excellence to the University community.
- Take proactive steps to meet the needs of faculty and staff, monitor trends, evaluate processes, implement quality control measures, and manage strategic projects.
- Develop, implement, and present various training programs for faculty and staff.
- Serve as the liaison with the State of Florida Division of State Group Insurance and the Division of Retirement.
- Respond to and resolve escalated customer service-related issues.
- Provide benefits counseling to executive level employees.
- Manages open enrollment: schedules and leads meetings or information sessions, drafts and sends employee communications, and answers questions or inquiries from departments and employees.
- Manages the Customer Service team and the customer service case load.
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.Expected Salary:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 01 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time