Benefits Specialist II
Job no: 516256
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Human Resources
Department:62010400 - HR-CENTRAL LEAVE
Benefits Specialist IIJob Description:
The University of Florida’s Office of Human Resources (UFHR) is looking for a Benefit Specialist II with a focus administering the accrued and other paid leave benefits, determining program eligibility, and counseling staff and faculty regarding their rights/responsibilities under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other relevant UF regulations and policies. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in providing excellent and empathetic customer service when discussing sensitive life and health matters with employees and their families.
- Review and interpret all Leave of Absence requests for University of Florida faculty and staff, including understanding Federal, State, and University policies and regulations regarding leave.
- Serve as a subject expert in University Leave offerings which can include Regulation and different Collective Bargaining Agreements. Be able to speak as the expert on the subject to our campus partners.
- Collaborate with University partners across campus on all topics related to leave.
- Serve as the primary administrator of the Sick Leave Pool which includes being able to lead a group.
- Participates in the development, update, and presentation of training programs and be comfortable with public speaking.
- Experience in creating Excel spreadsheets, analyzing data, and reporting findings.
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.Expected Salary:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of FMLA and UF leave policies
- Knowledge of Life, LTD, and STD insurance policies and provisions
- Knowledge of People First
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Word
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate, and provide excellent customer service to, a diverse population.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 01 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time