Administrative Specialist II - Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics
Job no: 516233
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29240101 - MD-HOBI-GENERAL
Administrative Specialist IIJob Description:
The OneFlorida Clinical Research Consortium is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic Business Manager to execute administrative duties for a large, state-wide external research collaboration. This position requires a broad range of business and management skills and the exercise of considerable judgment and initiative. The incumbent administers the day-to-day business operations of the consortium. These functions include pre and post-award management activities such as preparation and submission of grant proposals, facilitation of procurement, fiscal and budgetary reporting and forecasting, invoicing, financial reconciliation and reporting of all relevant cost centers, coordination of executive meetings, and tracking of activities, etc. In addition, the incumbent will keep the team apprised of all applicable initiatives, updates, projects, scheduling, and programs as requested. This individual will communicate with faculty and staff as well as other internal and external constituencies.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Operations and investigators in preparation and execution of sponsored program and query proposal documents for grant submissions. This requires familiarity with common award sponsor requirements and the interpretation of regulations and guidelines of the various funding agencies including federal sponsors, foreign sponsors, private foundations, and other academic institutions.
- Provides post-award financial administration and management of a large and complex research portfolio. This includes preparing, submitting, and maintaining records of financial activity for all sponsored and non-sponsored funds managed by the consortium. Assist in providing detailed analysis of past, present and future projected spending and shall identify current and/or future potential issues regarding current spending patterns with suggestions regarding potential actions to remedy such issues. This position is responsible for determining and implementing policies and procedures that are in accordance with the requirements and guidelines of the research award sponsor and the governance structure of the University of Florida.
- Coordinates outside vendors and OneFlorida purchasing to arrange contracts and ensure that requisitions and other paperwork are properly completed. Monitor spending patterns, review and approve invoices on behalf of OneFlorida’s external subcontracts and also monitor all funding of the UF internal subprojects relative to the consortiums project portfolio.
- Monitors OneFlorida project planning, timelines, and tasks. This includes monitoring multiple deliverables for projects; creating work plans; monitoring the progress of staff and ensuring that any issues are discussed and action points are created; organizing team meetings; preparing meeting agendas and minutes, and action items. The individual in this position will also attend regularly scheduled project management meetings with the OneFlorida CRC team. Assists the Assistant Director and COO with the preparation of internal and external reports including various complex reports performed on an annual and/or interim basis. Such reports include working within NIH ERA commons, external institutional platforms (for subcontracted funding), and directly with other non-governmental grant sponsors. This will include the financial and procedural aspects of the required reports that will vary by sponsor.
- Ensures proper tracking for the OneFlorida Clinical Research Consortium as it relates to onboarding investigators for study implementation within the consortium. Arranges and coordinates large OneFlorida events and conducts special administrative projects.
- Prepares correspondence and related documents as necessary (i.e. preparation of meeting agendas and minutes). Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area(s).
- Process and approve payroll for OneFlorida team members
- Coordinates special studies or projects as directed.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Three years experience in administration of health care research
Office management experience
Require computer competence with Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, and Adobe Pro.
Strong written and verbal communication. Ability to work independently and ability to collaborate with faculty and staff at multiple levels.
A broad range of business and administrative skills and the exercise of considerable judgment and initiative.
Budget development and monitoring expenditures.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time-limited position.
An application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 01 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time