Graduate Assistant - Athletic Administration Multimedia Production
Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Athletic Administration Multimedia Production
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225413
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant in the Athletic department on the Dahlonega campus. This position will assist with daily operation of the UNG athletic department.Responsibilities
- Assist with video simulcasting of all home UNG athletic events on the Nighthawk Sports Network
- Capture and edit video and audio highlights from home events
- Create graphically branded digital content for UNGAthletics.com and the departments social media channels
- Create new multimedia initiatives to promote teams and events in usage on video boards, UNGAthletics.com and social media
- Provide technical support for department¿s special events
- Produce and edit video feature stories in conjunction with External Operations team
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director, External Operations and/or Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is recommended
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Admission into graduate school at UNG required.
- Willing to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification required.
- Former NCAA athlete or experience in college athletics is preferred.
- Previous experience working with video streaming and/or new media platform preferred.
- Cover letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.