Digital Engagement Associate
Digital Engagement Associate🔍Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States📁Marketing📅Apr 01, 2021 Post Date📅89006 Requisition #INTRODUCTION:The Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR) is looking for a savvy digital media expert with a deep interest in economic policy and a proven record of building and understanding digital communities. Our Digital Engagement Associate will know how to connect us with specific audiences through a strong grasp of social media platforms, email campaigns, and the analytics they offer. Reporting to SIEPR’s Director of Communications and Public Affairs and working under minimal supervision, the Digital Engagement Associate will first assess our current social media landscape, then design, refine and execute a strategy for increasing engagement with an audience of policymakers, journalists and academics. Strong candidates will know how to distill complex scholarship into accessible information by using clear and snappy copy, compelling images, video and infographics, and other types of media. Along with creating and disseminating content, candidates will also analyze and present user and engagement data culled from our website (siepr.stanford.edu), social media channels and email platforms. These analytics will be used to inform ongoing digital media strategy as we better understand how the content we create and send is resonating with and being used by our core audiences. The Digital Engagement Associate will have access to several databases and other tools that will help target specific audiences in social media and email campaigns. JOB PURPOSE:This is a newly created position that will report to SIEPR’s Director of Communications and Public Affairs. The Digital Engagement Associate will manage SIEPR’s strategic and day-to-day digital media efforts, such as email campaigns, social media engagements, and some website content management. The Digital Engagement Associate will require attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills to enhance and build on relationships with various stakeholders. The Digital Engagement Associate will work collaboratively to:
- Assess, manage and grow social media platform presenceDesign and execute social media and email campaignsCreate content specific to SIEPR’s website and various social media channelsGather, analyze and present data from social media and website analytics with an eye toward using that information to improve engagement strategies
- Produce and curate digital content to engage users, increase user base, and grow channels. Optimize content delivery strategies; build content topics, tailor content to outlet platform, target specific audiences, and make editorial decisions.Strategize to build and grow digital community through social media channels, paid advertising campaigns, blogs, and the web.Manage social listening efforts based on comments and online conversations. Respond to reputation risks by taking appropriate action and recommend solutions to minimize harm.Compile data, analyze and report on social media use. Analyze how content is performing and create reports with recommendations to management.Build support for social initiatives among internal stakeholders by acting as internal advocate for digital community efforts, building support and driving digital best practices.Contribute to overall development and refinement of digital community strategy, and innovative social initiatives by proposing and implementing recommendations.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with colleaguesDemonstrated proficiency in creating content and campaigns, managing feeds and analyzing data on social media channels and email platforms including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, YouTube; and use of supporting tools and products such as Salesforce, Khoros, SprinklrUnderstanding of Google analyticsExperience using and managing web-based databases Experience with Drupal CMS
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community. We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4912
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 89006