Academic Technology Specialist
Academic Technology Specialist🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States📁Information Technology Services📅Apr 02, 2021 Post Date📅89026 Requisition #Stanford Graduate School of BusinessResiding in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.The Technical Resource Group (TRG) technologist provides front-line training and support for Faculty Assistants (FAs) and faculty. The direct (in-person or emails) assistance to support numerous applications, programs, advanced levels of Microsoft Suite– writing user guides for FAs reference guides including CANVAS, CAMS, CARA, seatGen, and new classroom programs that are no longer in pilot (FLIP, NovEd, etc.), Zoom troubleshooting, polling, creating faculty exams, video management in Kaltura or new media tools developed, etc. The duties performed cannot be called upon from other technology support groups, unless there are system/software failure. In fact each quarter more piloted programs, once approved, become the support responsibility of the TRG and FA team. As Instructional support continues to expand and there is the potential that requirements may exceed level of support available. The qualified analyst will need to adjust quickly to aid the FA team to support class technologies managed by the Faculty Support Team (FST) – Technical Resource Group and working alongside and observing the protocols outlined by the Lead TRG Technologist.Your primary responsibilities include:
- Assist by providing departmental leadership for using technology in teaching, learning, community building and/or research. Oversee and/or provide assistance in the direct integration of technology into course curricula, extra-curricular or co-curricular learning, and/or research projects.Lead the development of resources, seminars, courses, or workshops to disseminate information about uses of technology within FST and teaching faculty. Actively encourage and support the use of computer-based tools by developing and implementing new tools and resources for instructors or students, assisting them with the tools, disseminating knowledge of these tools throughout the program or university, and creating and supporting an infrastructure that allows use of the tools supporting teaching and/or learning.Assist with coordination of academic learning technology policies, procedures, and support.Lead projects to develop innovative uses of technology for student learning and/or community building. Consult/test as needed to qualify developing software applications, or work with on- or off-campus resources to develop or adapt software solutions.Consult with and help instructors and/or staff within FST department to incorporate technologies into faculty course design, exams and curricula and/or co-curricula in support of student learning goals.Stay abreast of educational technology research and participate in academic conferences.Provide expertise and support in applying instructional design methodologies to the development, implementation, and evaluation of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses as requested.Provide outreach and advocacy with faculty, staff, and across departments for effective use of educational technology used to support class instruction and gathering instructional materials involved, i.e., CAMS, SeatGen, CANVAS, Poll Everywhere, Qualtrics, etc.Maintain database for TRG department documentation.
- Current knowledge of the latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to plan, design, develop, and evaluate engaging multimedia learning/training objects.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies, pedagogical issues, and best practices for classroom, online and hybrid learning.
- Strong knowledge of learning management systems and various classroom and online learning technologies.
- Ability to recognize and recommend necessary changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles
- Expertise in utilizing technology to enhance teaching and research. Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications. Ability to plan, design, develop and evaluate engaging multimedia learning/training objects. Experience with delivering applications in a networked environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with members of the academic community; demonstrated experience working in an environment with colleagues of diverse backgrounds and customs. Excellent time management and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks and use good judgment in providing services based on goal. Expert knowledge of Windows environments, and facility with some UNIX and Mac Demonstrated experience developing and delivering technical training to a non-technical audience. Knowledge of learning management systems and various classroom and online learning technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse audience of faculty, staff and students.
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4721
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89026