Director, Student Engagement and Inclusion
Director, Student Engagement and Inclusion🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Student Services📅6 days ago Post Date📅88990 Requisition #Stanford Graduate School of BusinessResiding in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.The Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) seeks an innovative leader with demonstrated experience in managing a team and successfully building a culture of inclusion. The Director of Student Engagement and Inclusion is a new role reporting directly to the Associate Dean of MBA & MSx Programs with a broad responsibility for supporting a student culture of inclusion and atmosphere of belonging throughout the extracurricular experience at the GSB. In this role, the director will be responsible for defining the vision, setting the priorities, and inspiring and leading the team charged with supporting MBA & MSx student leaders with the goal of helping them produce events that are safe, successful, and inclusive. The director will also serve as primary liaison to students on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Student Engagement and Inclusion team will advise over 50 student organizations and the student government associations including the diversity, international, social, and athletic committees. The director will lead the team in providing all student leader training and communications, navigating university student activity policies, and supporting annual student-led major events. The director will work with faculty and GSB colleagues on DEI programming for students, including identifying the needs and delivering the experience. The director will also represent the MBA & MSx Programs team for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and liaise with university partners. The director will have proven ability and programmatic experience working with student identity groups and will serve as a thought leader in the MBA & MSx Programs on DEI, bringing ideas and solutions that drive collaboration and progress. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to, and success in, advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as experience managing a team of student affairs professionals and advising student-led activities for graduate students. The director will possess excellent leadership, collaboration, organizational and change management skills to promote and support a culture of student engagement, belonging, and inclusion. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the new Student Engagement and Inclusion group to support students’ extra-curricular experience with a focus on engagement, belonging, and inclusion.
- Collaborate with the faculty leader to execute the GSB’s DEI programming for first-year students, which is informed by the university’s IDEAL goals and GSB’s DEI goals.
- Attract, develop, motivate, and retain staff, including coaching and mentoring, managing performance, and allocating resources in support of strategic objectives.
- Engage student identity groups and provide programmatic guidance to strategically steward engagement to optimally supporting GSB’s initiatives while recognizing student time constraints.
- Represent the MBA & MSx Programs within the GSB and with university partners as the liaison for DEI initiatives.
- Master the complete portfolio of policies and platforms for student activities and ensure they are effectively communicated and enforced. Contribute to annual student-led activity policy assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and launching a new team within an established unit Experience in higher education doing direct student servicesExpertise in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher educationSignificant experience working with individuals of different races, ethnicities and backgroundsExcellent judgment, communication skills and discretion
- Advanced communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and all levels of management.
- Strong leadership and strategic management skills. Demonstrated experience managing people.Understanding of underlying technological needs and requirements.Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7507
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 88990