Assistant Director of Development Research
Assistant Director of Development Research🔍Office of Development, Redwood City, California, United States📁Development📅Apr 02, 2021 Post Date📅89025 Requisition #Stanford University is one of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford’s future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.The Office of Development (OOD) advances Stanford’s mission by raising philanthropic support from alumni, parents, families, friends, and institutional funders. Working in concert with volunteers and academic leaders, OOD staff members strive to accelerate Stanford’s purposeful impact in the world. Stanford is committed to a donor-centric approach to development. Every member of the Office of Development staff plays a role in providing the university’s donors with the service and attention that ensures an exceptionally positive and fulfilling philanthropic experience. JOB PURPOSE:The Development Research Analyst is a member of the Prospect Development team, a department within OOD, who will provide direct support and information for fundraising efforts to research teams, and may involve communicating directly with clients, through research and analysis of the University’s current and potential donors/funders. CORE DUTIES*:
- Independently provide consultation and expertise to research team and clients in identifying areas for analyses, with increased focus on international regions.
- Conduct market, prospect and donor research, analyze and summarize qualitative and quantitative data, prepare detailed reports on individuals, corporations, and foundations identified as prospects, and recommend strategies to specific segments or departments. May prepare presentations to summarize findings.
- Track prospect activity and provide historical records of prospect/donor relationship with the institution and other philanthropic organizations.
- Communicate and educate fundraisers and research team about trends in industry and philanthropy and in sources of wealth.
- Identify ways to improve the dissemination and storage of information.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong communication, analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent track record of experience with on-line database and internet searches.
- Ability to manage own workload and client relationship and needs.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks; frequently sitting; frequently use a telephone.
- Occasionally stand/walk, light/fine grasping, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, writing by hand.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4312
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89025