Work Study Student Housing Operations Assistant
Job Title: Work Study Student Housing Operations Assistant
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225559
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.Job Summary THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
The Housing Operations Assistant serves on a staff team of ten students supervised by the Housing Operations Coordinator, assisting in the administration of housing operational and Facilities Management needs.Responsibilities
- Provide maintenance including unclogging plumbing, light bulb and battery replacement, door lock replacement and repairs, pest control, furniture and equipment moves, and daily pool care
- Perform monthly Fire/Life/Health Safety Inspections in Sep, Oct, Nov, Feb, Mar, and Apr
- Participate in residence hall openings, closings, and special events
- Provide preventative maintenance functions as assigned within the scope of the position
- Escort contractors and maintenance staff through the residence halls as requested
- Report Maintenance and Pest Control requests into maintenance software
- Attend all training sessions as requested
- Follow all safety procedures and policies at all times
- Assist in keeping the grounds orderly, which may include trash pick-up, weed removal, raking and blowing, and bagging the debris
- Troubleshoot access-controlled hardware (Kaba and Persona)
- Make copies and provide administrative support
- Assist with key inventories and returns
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment, provide recommendations for continuous improvement, and troubleshoot
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Student must be enrolled in Clayton State University
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.