Work Study Student Office of the VP of Advancement
Job Title: Work Study Student Office of the VP of Advancement
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225557
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.Job Summary
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
The Stewardship and Events Assistant supports the Office of the Vice President for Advancement through event research, planning, and execution. This role will work directly with the Special Assistant to the Vice President to support the stewardship efforts for the University. The incumbent will gain experience in programming, stewardship, administration, and event planning and implementation. This is a highly visible role through the office of the Vice President of Advancement and requires a high level of professionalism and accountability.
- Responsible for coordinating and staffing tables at appropriate University events to promote the impact of philanthropy on campus.
- Conduct yourself in a highly professional manner, role model appropriate behavior, and comply with the Clayton State Student Code of Conduct at all times.
- Maintain the balance among academic responsibilities, position expectations, and personal priorities.
- Accept and promote the mission and goals of the office and the University.
- Practice personal and professional growth by defining goals, taking action to meet them, and evaluating progress, in consultation with your supervisor.
- Must be a full-time student in good academic standing and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Availability to work a maximum of 20 hours/week
- Possess exceptional leadership and decision making skills
- Effective time management
- The commitment of at least one full academic year, two prefer skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-faceted team environment that includes students, faculty, alumni, and community members.
Some evenings/weekend work requiredKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Support the University through careful planning and flawless execution of various stewardship events for internal and external constituents.
- Assist in the upkeep of a constantly evolving stewardship plan for the University
- Serve as the liaison to the Archives department and ensure all necessary materials are sent for preservation.
- Contribute to the project management for development communication efforts to enhance University and program visibility among internal and external constituencies
- Plans and executes high-level, donor-centric events for the University’s alumni/donors, the President's Society, the Foundation, and other constituents
- Assist in creating meaningful stewardship experiences
- Maintain well detailed and documented records of events for archival purposes
- Ensure consistent expectations and appearances throughout all events
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.